Dancers Anonymous > Women over 40

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Oct 12, 2005.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I love this!

Writtenby Andy Rooney - CBS 60 Minutes

As I grow in age, I value women who are over 40 mostof all. Here are just a few reasons why:

A woman over 40 will not lay next to you in bed and ask, "What are youthinking?" She doesn't care what you think.

If a woman over 40 doesn't want to watch thegame, she doesn't sit around whining about it. She does something she wants todo. And, it's usually something more interesting.

A woman over 40 knows herself well enough tobe assured in who she is, what she is, what she wants and from whom. Few womenpast the age of 40 give a damn what you might think about her or what she'sdoing.

Women over 40 are dignified. They seldom havea screaming match with you at the opera or in the middle of an expensiverestaurant. Of course, if you deserve it, they won't hesitate to shoot you, ifthey think they can get away with it.

Older women are generous with praise, oftenundeserved. They know what it's like to be unappreciated.

A woman over 40 has the self-assurance tointroduce you to her women friends. A younger woman with a man will oftenignore even her best friend because she doesn't trust the guy with other women.

Women get psychic as they age. You never haveto confess your sins to a woman over 40. They always know.

A woman over 40 looks good wearing bright redlipstick. This is not true of
    younger women or drag queens.

Once you get past a wrinkle or two, a womanover 40 is far sexier than her younger counterpart.

Older women are forthright and honest.They'll tell you right off if you are a jerk if you are acting like one! Youdon't ever have to wonder where you stand with her.

Yes, we praise women over 40 for a multitudeof reasons. Unfortunately, it's not reciprocal. For every stunning, smart,well-coifed hot woman of 40+, there is a bald, paunchy relic in yellow pantsmaking a fool of himself with some 18-year-old waitress. Ladies, I apologize.

For all those men who say, "Why buy thecow when you can get the milk for free." Here's an update for you.Nowadays 80% of women are against marriage, why? Because women realize it's notworth buying an entire pig, just to get a little sausage.
    ?

2. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

furiously turning printer on to run off a thousand copies....aren't we hot 8)

3. mamboqueen

Hot and senile :)

heh heh!!!

Gives the younger lasses something to look forward to, too!

4. fascination

going to give a copy of this to my instructor who tends to look at the younger ones and then is always tired of the head games :roll: :lol:

5. mamboqueen

I guess he'll have something to look forward to, too!

6. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Estupendo :!: 8) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rosa :)

PS: Gentlemen of DF, please don't hold this against us. We love you, really... :D

7. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Not there yet, not even close, but I have to say, really loved it...

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Exactly. :D :wink:

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Oh Baby . . . and red lipstick too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

I can just picture Andy Rooney, leaning over his desk, saying this!
    And hear him -
    From one WAY past 40, I love it! :D

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I love it! Especially this bit:

I'll have to make sure my DW sees it this evening.

12. Laura

Laura New Member

Hee hee hee.

(Have I ever mentioned that I'm married to a guy 9 years younger than me?)

13. lynn

lynn New Member

me neither - but i'm closer than you :lol: !

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

There's nothing wrong with that. :D

(Have I ever mentioned I prefer younger men? :wink: )

15. Katarzyna

Really, not by much !

16. lynn

lynn New Member

Considering that women usually outlive men by 7-10 years (depending on where you live) - this is actually a good thing!

17. Katarzyna

I am yet to experience youger men...

18. lynn

lynn New Member

same here...

19. fascination

hmmm ..well ...I think once the guy is in his thirties(OKAY MAYBE LATE 20's :lol: ) I might be able to get on board with this (if a bunch of other conditions were right)...but in general there is a certain learining curve that I have to see to find someone attractive ....and as I get older and see so many women widowed for like TWO DECADES...the idea has some appeal 8) ...of course, I am spoken for (before DP reminds me) so I am only talking hypothetically here :roll: :wink:

20. Laura

Laura New Member

I'm 40 and my husband is 32. But I turn 41 before he turns 33, so that's where I get the 9 years from. I guess it's really only 8 years difference, then. When we got married he was 22 and I was 30!