Dancers Anonymous > Women over 40

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Oct 12, 2005.

1. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I read in another forum a woman's criteria for age-appropriate relationships. She takes 1/2 of her age + 7 years for the youngest she would consider. So your SO is in the "safe zone."

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yes, in one of the thread's later posts. but i gave you the benefit of the doubt... got the feeling it just slipped in & that you really didn't mean it.

LOL

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yeah, DP mentioned it in this thread, too. so by that calc my SO just makes the cut, ay? glad to hear i'm not robbing anyone's cradle.

i have to admit, tho, i've gone as low as 25...:raisebro:
    hahaha....

at that point, it's probly more like a sub for recreational drug use, tho...

4. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

:p

I've always been attracted to youngers guys instead of older ones. It must run in my genes. My father was younger than my mother, and my sister married a younger man. :cool:

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

while it makes sense to me...i.e most women live longer, um, its still a bit difficult to find one at that ratio who I would consider mature enough...there are a few but....

then again, there are some 40 year old men who also make me shake my head as far as maturity goes...

but hey, other than that, why not?

6. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Hi! I'm new to this forum. I've been reading some. There is such great information here! I'm a dancer from Missouri. I've been dancing for about a year and a half (still a baby dancer) and am completely addicted! I competed (pro-am) this year in ACDA, UCWDC and some swing comps. Gosh, what fun!

I HAD to reply to this thread... I'm 42 and my husband (of 2 months) is 29. (I thought Samina would get a kick of that coincidence.) I'd never, until him, dated anyone younger. It is the most amazing relationship ever! This is my first time married. His too. We are crazy happy together. And both equally passionate about dancing, dancing and training every chance we get. He is truly the love of my life.

Anyway, we met dancing and it grew from there. He is such an awesome dancer and instructor and he's been very successful in the competitive world, in fact he just won a national title in the ACDA circuit (I know I'm braggin' a little :D). Our passion is west coast, but we also do east coast, sts, country, latin, ballroom, etc... we LOVE it all!

So, just wanted to say hi!

DancinAnne

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

welcome to DF!!!

8. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Thank you!

9. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Hey, nice to meet you. I am in Missouri as well, and I compete pro-am in Smooth and Standard.

10. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

I'm in southwest MO and often go to KC and St. L for coaching and dancing. Do you have any comps in either city? I'd love to see you dance sometime! How long have you been dancing?

Thanks for the welcome!

11. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

There is St. Louis Star Ball in March (2nd weekend) and there is Heart of America in Kansas City in August (also 2nd weekend). I go to both of those.

I've been dancing for about 8 years by now, I think. I lost count.

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Ok let me see if I do this right. So, 32/2 = 16 + 7 = 23. Hmm... my x is 24, and we are the best of friends. I talk to him almost everyday. This could be right. The last calculation I had... had me dating a teenager, and I completely refuse to date a teenager lol. It's my medicine I'm telling you lol. I was an A student in math lol.

Oh I had to delete the old message, because I didn't calculate it right. I've got a huge head cold lol. Sorry. ;)

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm going to that St. Louis Star Ball even if it kills me from working too much lol! I can't wait! :) But this is a bit off topic, but maybe I'll see you there? ;)

14. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Looks like we're free that weekend in March. I think we are going to try and fit that one into our comp/travel schedule. Is there any social dancing at these events? That would be so cool to see you dance. We (my husband and I) have a couple of coaches in St. L, so it would be a good opp to get some time in with them too.

Thanks for the info!!

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

DancinAnne, we are in region five for Dancesport. You can click http://www.dancesportsuperbowl.com/events_by_region.php and then pull up the events that are held by our region. Some have web sites and some don't. You might want to do some research before going even if you plan to just watch. It's really an interesting read.

16. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Spratt74,

Actually, my husband and I are competitive dancers and have been to a number of events in multiple circuits across the country. We are familiar with Dancesport events, but since events vary so much by venue, we were hoping to find out about any social dancing from Tanya, who's attended this event.

But thanks anyway!

Do you compete?

17. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Sorry... didn't mean to hijack the thread. Got a bit off topic... I want hear more about these beautiful over 40 woman dating younger men!:raisebro:

18. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yes I will be competing this year. I know that you guys compete. I know you and your husband. You guys dance Country and Swing though, but I think it's great that you want to expand. You haven't done any Ballroom yet or are not in any registry, which is a bit different than Country and Swing. It is an interesting read. I would suggest reading it before going to an event like that.

19. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

I think you me confused with someone else.

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Nope I didn't. Sorry. Your husband dances Swing, and I used to be his student. But this thread was hijacked though, so you can pm me if you want to.