General Dance Discussion > Women Who Are Averse to Dancing

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Phil Owl, May 9, 2011.

1. freeageless

freeageless Active Member

Rbazsz, I agree. I think that my problem is that my wife takes me for granted. Therefore, she only does exactly what she wants to do. That may not be the case in your situation. Look at TC's suggested exercise in the ballroom dance section for the right waltz turn. That exercise worked perfectly for me. Ever since I practiced TC's suggested exercise, I have had no problems.

2. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

OK, I'm going to drop a bombshell here, for which I fully am prepared to be pummeled for: I believe that women that won't dance are far less likely to want sex.

OK, there it is -- I had to say it.

3. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

And I believe that men who make ridiculous correlations between desire to dance and sexual desire are compensating for a small package.
    OK, there it is -- I didn't have to say it, but did anyway.

4. freeageless

Yo Rbazsz, I trust your wife does not read your postings. :)

5. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I think what is more common is that certain couples have intimacy issues and when those aren't solved within the relationship, the person who is more physical may be more inclined to cope through physical activity, while the person who is less physical... doesn't ...the issue is almost never really dance...because couples with good communication and mutual respect will find a way to meet each other's needs

6. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

No she doesn't, but I'm not sure she would disagree with me. In fact, I might ask her if she thinks there is a correlation. I'll be ready to duck and cover just in case! :cool:

7. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

Point well made, but I just don't think it's the same issue for men and women. For men there is no correlation between desire to dance and enjoying sex. For women there is.

Could it be that women who dance are more trusting of men, or are less afraid of being intimate with them? I don't know, but I'm sure part of the answer is psychological and part is physical.

So, my advice to young men is to find their mates at the ballroom, and to keep on dancing if they want a love life that lasts. Or, if your love life is good get your wife onto the dance floor before it's too late.

8. freeageless

Rbazsz, what do you base that statement on? :confused:

9. fascination

I think your premise, which is based upon no empirical evidence, is not neccessarily correct.. there are plenty of women who have varied and differing outlooks upon sex and sexuality who dance, and the same is true of men...but, it is physical and an art...thus there are alot of physical and artistic folks of both genders for whom there is a connection..while all of us form opinion based upon our own small sampling, it is best to simply acknowlege these things as personal hunches rather than truths based upon our own small sampling ...and I would still note that, where a relationship is healthy, folks of varying interests are interested in at least peripherally participating in that which is central to their sginificant other...and the SO is understanding and gracious of the difference and is grateful for the limited participation rather than insistent upon more...in all things...not simply dance

10. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

Yes, my post was based on personal hunches. I don't pretend to have real scientific evidence or even enough experience to back up my claims.

There is a good article in the Examiner that does a better job than I did at explaining why dancing can improve the sex lives of couples by improving female libido.

11. danceronice

danceronice Well-Known Member

Uh...I'd hardly call a fluff piece from the Examiner much of a source. (For starters it ignores all the chemical/evolutionary aspects of why women in the age range they're talking about might not be interested in sex or be the 'girl' they used to be, none of which can be fixed by behavioral changes.)

And I truly don't think interest in dance and interest in sex are connected, at least for people who take dance seriously enough to do anything besides occasionally show up at a group class or club. Not to mention it must be awfully hard for men to judge, since most women they dance with will be interested in dancing, and might well be interested in sex--but not sex with those men.

12. fascination

dancing improving one's sex life is a completely different issue altogether...:cool:

13. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

While I do NOT want to have sex with all men that I'd want to dance with,
    I absolutely don't want to have sex with any of the men that I don't want to dance with.

14. rbazsz

rbazsz New Member

That seems fair to me!

15. DL

DL Well-Known Member

Thanks. I'm going to feel a whole new kind of rejection from now on, whenever a lady turns me down for a dance.

(That's a tongue-in-cheek comment, of course.)

16. freeageless

Hilarous. Great comment. :)

17. fascination

hmmm...good point wooh

18. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Glad I could make your dance nights more interesting! :p

19. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

DL, I am very sorry, but I do not want to dance with you.

20. drejenpha

drejenpha Member

I've only ever been rejected because the lady was too tired but it was always implied that she'd dance with me later on... the ones I do dance with recommend me to their friends. I suddenly feel like a bad person.