Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > World Championships

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by Rugby, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Rugby

Rugby Member

Does anyone know when the Latin World Championships are broadcast and on what channel? A friend of mine saw an advertisement but didn't get the details.

2. RickRS

RickRS Member

DId the friend remember if it was a USA or Canadian channel? (Not sure if you could be getting both at your locale)

3. Rugby

Rugby Member

He didn't know but just said he saw it advertised, which was not a lot of help since I get over 400 channels (many more are availabale but I don't get them all) with probably about 65% being U.S., 32% Canadian and 2% British or other. Cable t.v. was actually invented in my city and my parents were one of the first customers. Wow, seems like that was forever ago now.

Usually the Ballroom comps come on PBS or WQLN from the north U.S. so I think they may be a good posibility.

If I do find out when and where I will let everyone know.

4. sambagirl

sambagirl Member

I think A&E did a show once...but you had to through the bad, cheesy commentary.

5. helloman

helloman New Member

Mountain Lake PBS

Thursday, May 07 — 09:00pm
    57 - WCFE
    World Standard Championship
    Dancers vie for the World Standard Championship. Included: waltz, tango and fox-trot. Taped in Moscow on Oct. 27, 2007.
    duration: 60 min

Thursday, May 14 — 09:00pm
    57 - WCFE
    World Ten Dance Championship
    Dancers vie for the World Ten Dance Championship in competitions showcasing various styles. Taped in Tokyo on Oct. 10, 2007.
    duration: 60 min

Sunday, May 17 — 03:30pm
    57 - WCFE
    World Latin Championship
    Coverage of the World Latin Championships, filmed in Vilnius, Lithuania, on Dec. 8, 2007.
    duration: 50 min

Sunday, May 17 — 04:20pm
    57 - WCFE
    World Standard Championship
    Dancers vie for the World Standard Championship. Included: waltz, tango and fox-trot. Taped in Moscow on Oct. 27, 2007.

Sunday, May 17 — 05:10pm
    57 - WCFE
    World Ten Dance Championship
    Dancers vie for the World Ten Dance Championship in competitions showcasing various styles. Taped in Tokyo on Oct. 10, 2007.

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

thank you

7. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Looks like WCFE is a PBS station out of Plattsburg NY. So if you don't get that particular one, check listings on your PBS station, and if they don't carry it, call and request they do.

8. Bella

Bella New Member

oh, how cool!

9. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

will definitely be checking into this!

10. RickRS

RickRS Member

Checking into WSRE (my local PBS) without luck. The search of their tv schedule and of the pbs.org main site turns up nothing. Drats!

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Ok, maybe I just noticed it, but seems those showings are for 2007, not this year, no?