Salsa > World Salsa Congress Robbed!!!

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by brujo, Jun 2, 2004.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Well... there's scalping and then there's scalping.

The scalping I've participated in (yes, I admit it :oops: LOL) didn't involve stolen tickets, just resale of tickets purchased legitimately from ticketmaster, then resold for many times the face value. It was illegal, but the organizers and the artists weren't being cheated out of their paychecks. And it got me on or close to the front row for many a sold-out concert. (What can I say? I used to be a groupie. :oops: :lol: )

This scenario was a little different. Maybe the congress next year should use ticketmaster or something like it for ticket distribution.

2. dragon3085

dragon3085 New Member

Yes but if you buy in compusa you should assume it legit. It not your responsibilty as a consumer to inquire if compusa didn't buy them from that truck across the street. But they very could have.

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

If I read the thread correctly, the alleged thieves were selling out of a hotel room across the street. That pretty much would set off bells in my head...

4. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Exactly Larinda. And, as far as the tickets, I think Jenn has it right. Resold passes, that had been payed for, would be one thing, whereas STOLEN passes are something else entirely.

Oh yeah, just out of curiosity, do you remember (the names of) any of the SD people you met/danced with?

5. aragonh

aragonh New Member

Yeah, they were Majesty in Motion people. I remember them the most b/c we have hanged out before at previous events.

So it was David, Juan, Melanie and 2 of her friends.

There were others SD people I met but I cant remember them.

6. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I hope the thieves will ba caught and pay for what they did... it is an awful behaviour and I resent it!
    The ticket scam thingie happens here all the time... it is so bad that people buy most of the tickets for big up-coming events and then sell them overpriced! I hate that! And they are working with the direct sellers of tickets... they share the profits... grr :evil: :evil: