Country and Western > World's 2007 Photos in Photo Album

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by Vince A, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I put up about 10 or so pictures of my beautiful wife at World's in Nashville. Have lots of other pics, but was especially proud of her and how great she danced!!!!!!!

2. Steve Pastor

Steve Pastor Moderator Staff Member

Nice job, Vince.
    Hey, now I know why I don't to compete.
    I don't want to wear a number tag on my butt !

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thanks Steve . . .
    I told them to take the number off, as well as their color wrist bracelets. Many others did, but they didn't want to add any pressure to the judges, or do anything that would paint a negative picture . . .

4. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Your wife is quite gorgeous...great dresses, too. Glad she danced well! I've been involved in country western dancing, to some degree (both UCWDC and ACDA), for about nine years but have never gone to World's...maybe someday.

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Thank you, I'll pass that on to her . . .

Do you compete . . . you look familiar . . . what events do you go to?

I think World's is a big deal if you compete a lot throughout the year - kind of a final chapter of the year. Not the greatest thing if you don't compete, as I think I danced all of 15 times in 7 days . . . I was mainly there to help my wife and be her biggest fan! Take pictures, carry the luggage, write the checks, be a go-fer . . . etc.

Bottomline? I had a great time . . .

6. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

I don't compete at the present time. From 1999-2001, I competed as half of an am couple in UCWDC and ACDA events, with Don Stearns. We did pretty well, especially considering that I lived in Little Rock and he lived in Ft. Worth. We got together to practice only about once a month. We both had demanding jobs and it just got to be too much. I've never been to any of the events in your part of the country, just mostly surrounding states...Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Georgia, and Louisiana.

My husband and I moved to Houston in 2005, and that's when I started dancing with Gerald Morris, with the idea of competing pro-am. (I've done ballroom pro-am but not country). I was just getting comfortable enough with our program--triple 2, 2step, waltz, cha, and WCS--to bite the bullet, when DH and I decided to move back home. Originally I wanted to keep dancing with Gerald but my professional life has gotten even more demanding and there's no time for jetting off to Houston for weekends to dance. And there are no CW pros here. So I'm back taking ballroom lessons, but I still go country western dancing on Sunday nights.

Way more than you wanted to know...

:)

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Kewl . . . we've done both ACDA and UCWDC events in Texas for years . . .

I know about demanding jobs . . . a reason why I never ended up taking the bar. I wanted to also go into government (like you) or environmental law!!! As an intern, I was putting in a 100 hours-a-week, which told me a lot about my future!

Well, at least you are still dancing . . .

Not so . . . now I know a little more about you . . .

8. samina

samina Well-Known Member

nice pix, vince! your wife looks like she loves performing!
    kudos to her for such a great job. :D

9. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Yes, ballroom on Fridays and CW on Sundays and privates and groups whenever I get a chance.

I hope I get to meet you and your wife at an event in the near future!

10. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

It's is certainly a huge passion for her . . . she has spent the last 7 months in a brace to protect a very badly injured patella . . . taking it off only for World's - she got dinged for wearing it in her last two events, so off it came for World's . . . so, yes she loves dancing!

. . . and I pass those kudos on to her . . . "thank you."

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

That would be nice, and I eagerly await that day!!!!!!