Dancers Anonymous > Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

Burn After Reading

Pitt and Clooney just having fun horsing around.... and wasting my $20.

2. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

No Country for Old Men, that supposed Oscar winner with Tommy Lee Jones, Josh Brolin, & Javier Bardem. The plot moved so slowly, and I kept waiting for it to get exciting...except it never did. And then it just ended. Poo. :(

3. Laura

Laura New Member

I fell asleep several times during No Country for Old Men. But for me, the worst move ever award still goes to Red Dawn.

4. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

A friend of mine also said she found it very disappointing, considering the caliber of the actors in it :(

5. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

I agree. It stunk !

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

You guys surely haven't seen Nacho Libre! *oy*

7. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

No, I skipped that one.

8. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Speed Racer .... what a disappointment.

I so look forward to this movie, especially since I loved the cartoon.

I mean the surpassed my expectations with transformers, why did they not do the same with speed racer. blah!

9. Kassia

Kassia New Member

Beowulf! Didn't even finish it.. Gross is all i can say and thaat was only the first 10 minutes...

10. ChaChaMama

ChaChaMama Well-Known Member

The worst movie I have seen all the way through is "Kingpin." I hate Farrelly Brothers type movies, but I was at someone else's beach house and it was raining. We got movies and my husband's childhood friend's husband picked this one. So very, very dumb. I could feel brain cells sluicing away as I watched it.

One movie that I hated so much that I turned it off after about 20 minutes was "Comfort of Strangers." It had everything going for it: based on novel by Ian McEwan, screenplay by Harold Pinter, stars included Natasha Richardson, Rupert Everett, Christopher Walken. And yet...HORRIBLE! ICK!

11. dance234

dance234 New Member

v for vendetta

12. skwiggy

skwiggy Well-Known Member

Epic Movie.

13. Larinda McRaven

yes but with Nacho Libre you GO IN knowing what you are getting.

Burn After Reading:
    Brad Pitt
    Frances McDormand
    Richard Jenkins
    John Malkovich
    Tilda Swinton
    George Clooney

hustleNflow your friend was right!

14. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

One word: Ishtar

15. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Clockwork Orange

16. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Really? This is one of my faves...although it does seem to be a pretty polarizing film. People either love it or hate it.

Some more of the worst I've ever seen...
    Event Horizon - Larry Fishburne vs. a black hole that leads into hell. Should have seen this one coming from a mile away!
    Prom Night - was forced to pay to see this in the theater with my most recent ex. His choice in movies should have been an indicator as to how he would be in a relationship :mad:
    Prelude to a Kiss - weird, just plain weird.
    Eyes Wide Shut - ditto to above comment. And slow.
    Gigli - more proof that J.Lo and Ben Affleck CAN'T ACT FOR BEANS.
    Glitter - Mariah Carey, right in the thick of her nervous breakdown...I felt bad for her.
    From Justin to Kelly - Idol winners should only be allowed to sing.
    Say It Isn't So - incest is just icky...not funny.

17. Yanou

Yanou Member

I was looking forward to this movie because of the actors. Is it at least DVD rental worthy?

18. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Natural Born Killers

19. Larinda McRaven

No, completely pointless. I turned to my friend last night half way through and said "I have NO idea what is going on!" We sat stunned at the end, that was no ending. I said "What? Did it just end?". Maybe it will turn into one of those random cult classics like Blue Velvet or something. But I doubt it.

I can see the point of actors like Clooney and Pitt wanting some goof-off time, trying out to flesh out some odd ball characters... just doing something different, I get it really. But it is still a stupid movie.

20. Larinda McRaven

I actually like Prelude to a Kiss and Eyes Wide Shut.