Dancers Anonymous > Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Beto

Beto Active Member

Alan Moore hates every comic book movie ever made and especially ones based off of his work (League of Extraordinary Gentleman, Constantine, From Hell and the upcoming Watchmen). Of those listed, Constantine I felt was halfway decent though at the same time I wasn't overly happy with the changes made to the title character (not British, not blonde and not quite the same as he is on the printed page).

2. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I liked Constantine as well. And I am anxiously anticipating Watchmen...the trailers look awesome! :cool:

3. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

The Gods Must Be Crazy. Tried twice but couldn't watch it all the way thru.

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Worst one I can think of offhand...Master and Commander.

Good grief. What a waste of time. I kept sitting through it thinking it would go somewhere or get interesting or have some redeeming quality and...nope. Just pure boredom all the way through. Thank goodness it was a Netflix thing and not something I shelled out money specifically to see.

Cripes.

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

The Deer Hunter, just bored me to death.

6. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Oh yeah...Dances With Wolves. Couldn't get into it, certainly couldn't get through it...gave up.

Tango--same deal.

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

dances with wolves just depressed me beyond belief

8. fascination

the one that was the huge disappointment to me was that supposed "greatest epic since the titanic " that was in movies last summer...set during WW2...can't even remeber the name now ...tha't how disappointing it was...I suspect that the novel upon which it was based was awesome and I like the ending w/redgrave...but way way way too much was lost in trying to put it into a move...what was the dang name of that??

9. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

Atonement?
    Can't even bring myself to watch that, the commercials are so over the top.

10. fascination

it was a huge disappointment....again, i suspect that the book was deep and brilliant but it did not translate onto film at all

11. Beto

Beto Active Member

Agree 100%. My ex was super disappointed because the film's ending was such a downer and not reflected at all in the TV ads. It was well acted, and had beautiful cinematography but that's all.

12. fascination

actually, i thought the ending was just about the only thing that was interesting even though it was a downer and of course not alluded to in the ads...it just seemed so obvious that way too much stuff was left out...and all of it was internal sort of stuff that might has been fascinating to read but didn't translate well onto film...

13. fascination

and I was looking into the nights in rodanthe thing b/c I love richard gere but am hearing it was bland ...so I am beginning to have no interest in trusting my own taste in movie ads AT ALL

14. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Unfortunately for his fans, Nicholas Sparks' novels (other than The Notebook) generally don't translate well to screen...think the sapfest Message in a Bottle with Kevin Costner and Robin Wright-Penn. That's what I've heard people comparing Rodanthe to. :(

15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, a lot of movies I like have ended up in this thread. :)

16. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I'm just glad no one has mentioned my favorite movie yet - Encino Man. Bud-dy! :cool:

17. fascination

never saw it ...guess I should be glad

18. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Heh, you're gonna make some guy very happy someday. :)

19. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

I hope so...and I hope his name is Mark Ballas :tongue:

20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

If Airplane gets mentioned, I may have to hurt someone. :p