Dancers Anonymous > Worst Movie You Have Ever Seen

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Larinda McRaven, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

"Don't call me Shirley!"|

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I sure picked the wrong day to give up Dance-Forums.

3. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

"It's okay, I speak jive!"

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Then I developed a drinking problem.

------------------------

I thought that was Howard Jarvis left behind in that taxi.

NPR did a radio report on a recent anniversary of that movie. It was loosely based on an old air-disaster movie. They had to pay extra for the only line that they used from the original: "We have to find someone who can not only fly this plane, but who didn't have fish for dinner."

Peter Graves said that whenever mothers of young boys recognize him in public, they immediately and rapidly herd their sons away from him.

5. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Wasn't that line from Airport? The basic plot of Airplane was very loosely based The High and The Mighty, but I don't recall food being part of the plot of that movie. Besides, Earnest Gann would never have written a line that bad. :p

"Have you ever been in a... Turkish prison?"

6. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Uh, the source of the disaster in Airport wasn't food poisoning, but rather a suicidal bomber played by Van Heflin, which had to wait for Sonny Bono to parody it in Airplane II. Loved the "Rocky XVI" movie poster in the background when he bought the bomb in the airport gift shop.

Besides, Gann didn't write that line. Arthur Hailey did.

I remembered the food poisoning plotline from a Doug McClure TV movie, Terror in the Sky (1971) (though I had to look up the title and date on IMDB), but the comments on that movie say (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067844/#comment):

The NPR interview I mentioned earlier is at http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4735876. It was broadcast on All Things Considered on 08 July 2005 for the movie's 25th anniversary and featured the movie's directors David and Jerry Zucker and Jim Abrahams. At 5:20 into the program they identify Zero Hour and Arthur Hailey as the source.

7. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

PS
    Attached to the IMDB entry on Zero Hour! is a list of the differences between it and Airplane: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0051221/#comment

The differences list was much shorter than the similarities list would have been.

8. dancefeast

dancefeast New Member

Scary Movie 4

9. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

IMO, all the movies in the Scary Movie franchise were bad :( Oh, and add to that list Epic Movie, Disaster Movie, and Date Movie...those were horrible as well.

The only movie parody in that vein that I have enjoyed was Not Another Teen Movie, for all the 80s movies it paid homage to :cool:

10. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

Not sure why I fell asleep on my sofa while watching Ocean's Twelve last night; and it was only 11:20pm. not sure if just I was too tired or the movie boring

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

My stepfather insists that Ocean's Eleven is the worst movie he's ever seen. I haven't seen it, so I have no idea.

12. Beto

Beto Active Member

I did like Ocean's Twelve but I'll admit that it drags for the first 45 minutes or hour before kicking into high gear. So it's not surprising that you passed out.

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

no way

14. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Ditto that, sam...I liked all 3! :confused:

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i have all three, plus the original ocean's 11...

16. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

tritto!!!

17. Standarddancer

alright, I passed out during first 45 minutes. Guess I'll watch again when not too tired;) hopefully just me, so I didn't waste $12 on that DVD

18. JEM

JEM New Member

Loved all the Ocean's movies - had to go rent the originial even, which was also good tho a different ending. But do all you can to not watch Dusk to Dawn - truly awful, even w/George Clooney in it - awful awful!!

19. Standarddancer

sounds good, thanks guys, you made me feel better that I didn't waste my money on Ocean dvd. Will definitely watch again:)

20. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

EMBARRASED TO ADMIT TO THE FOLLOWING

Blue Velvet (Great actors but HORRIBLE and disturbing)
    Clockwork Orange (ditto)
    Legally Blonde II (thankfully missed 1)
    The first 10 minutes of Mariah Scarey's "Glitter" (was cleverly tricked into this one)
    Sideways (and the point was--?)