Swing Discussion Boards > Would really appreciate finding out name of dance move

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by kelemvor, Apr 10, 2005.

1. kelemvor

kelemvor New Member

Okay there is a move where you take your partner (usually female) and spin her in the air 360 degrees (i.e. right side up -> head over heels upside down -> right side up again). Somersault basically.

Been trying to track down this move, but it would be much easier if i knew the name, i'd imagine.

2. d nice

d nice New Member

Well, the dance it is in would help-, as would what hold the leader is using... I can think of four different moves that fit this description.

3. swing4life

swing4life New Member

Sounds like Lindy Hop to me since I don't know of any other swing dance that does aerials as the standard repertoire.

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Jump swing? :wink: :) :car:

5. kelemvor

kelemvor New Member

It was shown in a DVD i ordered called "learn to swing dance" by ... Golden Treasures?

But there is a clip in the public domain I could upload if it's possible??

6. lopez

lopez New Member

Sounds like it could be any of a few Lindy Hop moves. It depends if the follower is flipping forwards or backwards.

There's:
    The Fish Flip
    The Apple Turnover

Both of these have the leader standing along side the follower. There's another one where the leader is holding hands with the follower and she flips while maintaining the handhold with both hands. I don't know what that one is called though.

People call these moves by different names in different parts of the country/world. So you may hear alternate names for them.

If you post on our forum there are a few people who could come up with the other names.

See you there!
    Roy

www.baltimoreswing.org