Dancers Anonymous > Would THIS Dance Forums T-Shirt be cool?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DanceMentor, Jun 18, 2007.

1. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I just had a guy reading mine and asking me about it the other day. I just didn't want him coming here, so I futzed up the URL a bit. File under: creepy guy.

2. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

DM:

I've often wondered why the apparel that's sold on Cafe Press has a different logo than does the web site. The marketing communications professional in me wants consistency of image.

So, I'm glad to see that you're investigating a new t-shirt with the web version of the logo.

I agree, however, with Señor Quioxte that the web logo does not look its best on the black t-shirt.

I would recommend (as someone else said) going with a smaller, left chest logo and just the URL underneath, without any other slogan. I'd also recommend a shirt of a color that better complements the colors in the logo. Perhaps something like this:

[​IMG]

I make no recommendation as to the style of the shirt. I assume that once you decide on a design, Cafe Press can make it available on a number of different garments, including the "Hooters-style" scoop-neck that some of the ladies have requested. ;)

Best Regards,

IJ

3. Indiana_Jay

If "creepy guy" has any Google talent at all, he'll still find us, and perhaps your comment about him!

-IJ

4. mamboqueen

I kind of like that better myself...as far as size/placement.

5. mamboqueen

Yeah, I guess I should behave. He sold me my lottery tickets. I might have to refile him if I win ;).

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

no light colors...I am too messy

7. mamboqueen

Well, the green of a margarita would look okay on yellow! ;) :uplaugh:

8. fascination

all hot neon works w/ my tan

9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

maybe mamboqueen attracts creepy guys.. hence not ''creepy guy's'' fault really..

10. Indiana_Jay

LOL. Well the main lettering of the logo is pretty dark, so we probably don't want to go too dark with the fabric. I would say just about any earth tone would be superior to black.

11. Indiana_Jay

Nah, the problem is that MQ attract all guys, so there's always bound to be a few creepy ones in the mix. Law of percentages.

12. fascination

earth tone=====EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW... how dull

13. Indiana_Jay

Well, then, just have DM change the color scheme of the logo (and the web site) so that it'll look good on a neon shirt!

14. fascination

I can't even get him to make me a deity instead of a diety

15. Indiana_Jay

Wassa "diety?" A Supreme Dieter?

16. fascination

prolly...and I ain't one of those either

17. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Hey, thats a great idea. Why not a book: 'The Naked DF': ever wonder that dancers do when they can't move? We could have chapters on brilliancies, oddities and funnies culled from the various threads (yes, I know, I could probably fill the second chapter by myself).

18. Indiana_Jay

Mebbe a bright orange shirt would work. Don't have time to do the Photoshop right now to try it.

19. mamboqueen

I do, in fact. :evil:

20. fascination

giggle...personally, i only attract the really hot ones.....(going with this fantasy for as long as possible)