Dancers Anonymous > Would you convert?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by africana, Mar 30, 2006.

1. africana

africana New Member

To vegeterianism if someone you were seeing/dating/involved with is vegeterian?

I've never thought about it till today thinking on this possiblity ;)
    But vegeterianism seems like a radical deal breaker to life-long meat-eaters like me.
    Any experiences on either side? with relationships?

2. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

I dated with a vegetarian several years ago. I did not find it hard to adop his diet style because I always liked veggies and fruit even though I was not a vegetarian. Also he introduced me to good vegetarian restaurants and cooked me very delicious vegetarian meals, so I did not miss any meat. You will be surprized what kind of yummies you can create only with vegetables. The only problem was when we were invited to a party whose host was not aware that my-then-boyfriend was a vegetarian. I usually refused to share his plight in that kind of situation and enjoyed anything with meat offered to me. So I guess I have never been fully converted to vegetarianism.

3. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, I haven't dated anyone that was a vegetarian, but I was going to convert to another religion when I was with my x. I'm not really committed to any one religion, but I would have done so for him, because I know how important that was for him.

4. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

I couldn't do it---I eat vegetables mainly because I have to!

5. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Why would you have to convert to vegetarianism just because your SO was? Of course, at home it would be easier to cook veggie things that you could both eat. But I would hope that any veggetarian I dated would accept that when we went out, I would decide what I ate, and be ok with me if I chose meat.

(If a vegetarian eats only vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat?)

6. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

I would have no problem adapting my eating styles for what works when we're together. However, I wouldn't stop eating meat because of it.

7. Everyone should make their own decisions on what to eat. I quit eating chicken and beef about 2 1/2 yrs ago, but that was just my choice.

8. motardmom

motardmom New Member

I doubt I'd actually stop eating meat, but I would be respectful about another person's choice, and I would join in the veggie feast.

9. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I have considered conversion in the past (for a guy, of course.) I think I would, but only if he didn't ask or expect me to. Yes. I can be perverse. :lol:

10. I still eat Pork, Lamb, Fish. Wanted to cut out some red meat for one thing and Beef eliminates alot of junk food temptations. I had concerns about beef and chicken in the US too, which helped me quit. Kind of psyched myself out of it. I know the other foods aren't much, if any better. It's kind of my own diet plan. Lost about 15lbs and feel so much better. Really, wasn't that heavy before but I felt a little self conscious when my dance instructor would poke me in the belly to remind me to hold my stomach in. Now, it's flat! I quit lessons but still kep't up with the diet/exercising.

11. motardmom

motardmom New Member

Oh.... I've been there and done that! :oops: :lol: I lost a few more than 15 lbs, and my diet was not the healthiest... but yeah. A poke in the doughboy (or girl, as the case may be) tummy is quite a motivator...

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

So here's a question. How come there are folks ( of whom I know at least two) who become vegetarian but GAIN a ton of weight? What gives? They're not old enough for metabolism to be the reason. So I'm confused. :?

13. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

good food's good food...I'd be happy to convert....now if he couldn't deal with wine...he'd be outta here...

14. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

maybe because there are many many fatty foods that are not meat.

15. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

soft red?

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yeppers...actually i am usually a fan of dry red but since my mom is so sick and I have been spending loads of time at their house...that is all dad will drink...and its easier on the stomach and in larger doses..b/c it is very mild

17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I rarely drink and when I do it's only like wine coolers that time of thing or you know the fruity drinks lol. I know how to mix drinks though, because I have two sisters that were bartenders, but I barely drink. What's funny is that you would think I would like red wine etc., but I don't. I don't know why, but it's to hard on my stomach I think.

18. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

MEN...Vegetarian ?????? Strange

I think it also depends on WHY they are vegetarians and how much it means to them. I have vegetarian friends, so if I have them over, one just makes sure they find something good to eat and don't just end up eating salad.
    But to convert?? Don't think so.

19. Sabor

Sabor New Member

vegetarian..? why?.. i'm not sick.. lol

we were made omnivores for a reason and i'd rather not mess with nature unless its a medical necessity or an exceptional circumstance..

besides.. being referred to as a 'veggie' ain't cool .. haha

20. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I started eating veggies very recently (mostly broccoli) so as to fix my bad eating habits. I think I could cut down on my meat if I was dating a vegeterian but cutting it off completely would be really hard for me to do and I'd really hate it, too. I like meat. It's full of all that meaty protein that fuels me up.

Twilight Elena