General Dance Discussion > would you date or marry someone who is not a dancer?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by yoyao, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I have my own stash!!

I'm a real sucker for the Buy 1 Get 2 Free sales and my roommate is not helping me with it as I thought she would! I can't complain! :wink:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Excess ice cream can be a really good thing! :D Not so good for the hips, but when you're dancing all the time, it does tend to burn itself off. :D

Yum! I think I'll go get some Edy's French Vanilla.

3. yoyao

yoyao New Member

cooking? :roll:

4. will35

will35 New Member

I am married. She is Argentine. It was no coincidence. Get it?

5. dancergal

dancergal New Member

It's hard to say. At first I would say no way, but you never know what your heart tells you to do. I'm just glad that my b/f is a dancer and I don't have to choose. :wink:

6. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Now THIS is a GREAT reason for ice cream...I already had some this evening...but tomorrow's bowl is all for pygmalion! :wink: :tongue:

7. dancersdreamland

AGREED!!! Bring on the ice cream!!!!!

8. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I think I'll celebrate for Jenn again tonight!!

9. pygmalion

Cool! 8) :lol: Edy's it is! :D

10. dancersdreamland

I'll take Mr. Ben & Jerry, thank you!

11. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I take what's on sale... :shrug:

12. pygmalion

Umm.... How did we get from dating to ice cream? Not that I have anything about ice cream, mind you. Just curious. :lol:

It's amazing how far some of these threads stray into total silliness. What fun! :D

13. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Ummm...last I checked the two things could be combined! :together:

14. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

There's a difference?

15. dancersdreamland

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This thread has turned into utter sillyness...this calls for more ice cream!!!!! :tongue:

Oh my goodness...there are NEW emoticons!!!!!!!!! This is GREAT!!!!! So many to choose from...which one to use?????? :together: :bouncy: This too shall call for ice cream!!!!

16. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Ok, guys. Here I am rediscovering old threads (again :roll: !)

This topic (dating, not ice-cream *I'm lactose intolerant* :cry: ) is SO totally relevant to me.

I was dating a dancer for most of my adulthood. Didn't work out coz he didn't like me dancing with the others (while HE continued to do so). :x

Then I moved in with a non-dancer, who didn't let me go out (or play salsa music at all) in case I ran into my dancing ex. :roll: (which, as it turned out, was the exact reason that pushed me BACK to my ex for another two years)

Now that I am single AND dancing, I'm putting the condition down as "love, me, love my salsa!" :wink:

(btw, Jenn, how's your guy mentioned in this thread....? Update plz?)

17. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:D YAY! :D Me too!!

You won't find many quilt designer-teacher/salsara now....would you..?

People I meet generally have trouble getting their heads around this one :?

18. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Have a non-dancer as a spouse. Why not? As you have all said the important thing is that other special person understands and supports your passion. So if my other special someone, even if a non-dancer, would give me that freedom then sure. As long as we can connect intellectually, emotionally, spiritually!! That's very important to me. I do have other interests such as camping, cooking...even though I'm addicted to dancing too. However, I'm making more and more of my dancing friends while non-dancing friends are not really increasing....

By the way Jenn what about that handsome guy you met a while back? Are you guys an item or is there a vacancy sign hanging at your door. :)

19. pygmalion

Things are developing nicely, but I'm taking it slowly. I've gotten my heart broken a few times, and I'm just a bit cautious this time around. But no vacancy sign, either. :)

20. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that it's all good news Pygmalion!! :)