Would you except flowers from someone if...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, May 13, 2006.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Ok, I just had the strangest thing happen to me. I've been waiting for my sister to show up with some stuff and trying to get ready for her when I think my neighbor friend showed up with a dozen roses at my front door. At first I was like who is that, because only a couple people know where I live (besides my neighbors of course lol). I don't even think that my instructors know where I live unless my friends showed them my house. So, I know it wasn't anyone like them. I think not anyways, because I didn't see anyone leave in a car.

And this neighbor friend of mine is very handsome with very distinct features that you can see a mile a way which makes him very easy to pick out from a crowd. My x was jealous of him, because I would talk about how he likes to mow our grass etc. lol. And he's the type that he'll mow our grass without his shirt on, so it's kind of like on Desperate Housewives where they watched the cute gardener from the inside of their houses lol? My sisters even gaze at him when they come over when he mows our yard lol.

Anyways, I didn't catch him, because I saw him walking across our yard by the time I got to the door. And I know I could have chased him down, but I think that I didn't want to catch him, because I'm still very in love with my x. And I know I shouldn't be thinking that, but we had a very strong relationship. He's the first guy that I can say that I was truly in love with and really wanted to marry. But he was far from romantic, and he would never do such a thing as to bring me flowers to my door lol. So, it's like, why is it that once you meet a nice guy that you don't know what to do with them lol?

I feel like I sound like my friend Ashly that always says she dates the jerks, because she doesn't know how to handle the nice guys lol. But I can see where she's coming from because it's like... am I supposed to accept those flowers? Are you sure those were meant for me lol? I even convinced myself that the flowers are probably meant for my mom for Mother's Day even though everyone (including my neighbor friend, because I told him personally) knows she lives in Philly, and if he meant those for her then he could have asked me for her Philly address instead of having me send them to her that type of thing lol.

So, what do I do? I mean I'm getting over my x. I haven't talked with him since I started dance in February, but still... I hate to admit this, but I do have feelings for him, you know... I'm still in love with him, even though I do know nothing is ever going to come out of it, because he made all of that very clear to me. So, I have been thinking about dating again, and actually I've made a big step, because now I'm looking at guys as being cute again lol.

Oh and I just called up my sister to tell her about this before I finished writing this post, and all she could say is awe lol. And I was like, well... my guess is that my neighbor friend will come back. He knows I'm a dancer, because he came over the night of my show and saw me dressed up lol. So, maybe he thinks I'm at dance or something like what I told my sister lol. Or I could always say that I was visiting my sister that lives in a different county if he were to ever ask me, because my sister and I are very good at that when we need to be lol. She was like, yeah that's true lol. And I told her everything I told you, and she was like yeah everyone knows mom is in Philly lol. All she did was laugh, so she didn't help me any lol.

Ugg... what do I do lol?;)

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

You give him my address. The grass is way too long.

:)

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

okay ...de-lurking just to say this:

MQ... ROTFL...not if I find him first...

Spratt...if you don't go over and throw yourself at this guy I am going to pinch your head off;)

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Wait... isn't there a thing about threats and being nice to other members of the board lol. I think I have to go read the rules again lol.;)

5. fascination

sweets...this is a though love moment...leaving again...(goooooooooooooo get him)

6. mamboqueen

Okay. In all seriousness. You're 100% certain they're from this guy? (No card?). Any idea why he picked "now" to bring them to you?

Our grass is soaking wet, and will be for the next week. Fascination can have him .... for now!

7. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

He didn't leave the flowers at the door. He took the flowers with him since I didn't get the door (yes I saw him at my door with the flowers before walking away), so there is no card or anything for me to look at lol. But no one else lives here, and he knows this lol. And I have no idea why now. That's why even Mother's Day entered my mind, because my mom will come and visit like on holidays and such, but that's more like for Christmas lol, but he knows she lives in Philly lol. ;)

You two girls are hilarious. I do feel like the characters on Desperate Houswives lol. Although, I've never been married lol. Maybe we need to think of a new title for our own hit television show! :D

8. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

I don't think I have ever fallen out of love with anyone that I've really fallen for... the same qualities that attract you to them in the first place are still there, still as attractive. Don't let the bad parts ruin memory of the good bits. and don't let that keep you from moving on when you need to though...

well... roses are NOT a casual flower to be giving someone... I think you can safely assume that these are not for mother's day barring certain exotic locales (Milford? hehe, I crack myself up. lol.) umm, anyway... not for Mom.

better go talk to the guy...

(a) Keep it all personal: "I think that was really sweet of you" is 500% more effective than "That was really sweet of you."

(b) Make him work for it. You might need to be pretty direct, but if you want him to call you... say "That really was touching, I don't meet a lot of guys like that. Here's my phone number.. why don't you call me sometime"... don't let him treat you like a friend, and don't call him!

(c) Constant reasurrance... don't ever leave him unsure of where he stands. If you can't make it... say, "I really wish I could make it, but I'm busy then. Maybe you can ask me again later?" ... don't let him get confused between your having a life and rejection.

9. mamboqueen

Shouldn't she be gently pressing her hand into the small of his back and whisper in his ear?? *LOL* Doncha love it when your words come back to haunt you?!!

10. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

oh... even if it wasn't for you, things like this are always good opportunities to get him thinking about you romantically anyway. You could always say something like "I saw you with the flowers, I think that was very sweet of you. I don't meet a lot of guys that are so thoughtful." ...

(don't phrase it in a way that he can explain the flowers weren't for you... it doesn't really matter... he's now knows that you are the type of person who would really appreciate him for doing things like that. He can't help but consider you romantically now.)

11. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

Too early! Too early! Just touch the arm when you say how considerate the flowers were!

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol... well, for once I can say that I sort of agree with you. But I'm actually very shy when it comes to guys. I don't think I could go up to him and say that, especially since he thinks I didn't see him with the flowers since he thinks I wasn't home lol.;)

MQ- You are hilarious! I can't say that enough lol!:D

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, I don't think I would want a guy that gets the wrong house if the flowers weren't meant for me to begin with lol. But seriously though, we live in a neighborhood that it's full of older people. So, there are no other youngsters but us on our block. So, it couldn't be that confusing for him to get the wrong house unless he's not the smartest bloke on the block, which again... do I really want a man that doesn't have any brains lol? I think that I've dated enough of those thank you lol. ;)

14. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

Just say you were in the shower, and were embarrassed to answer the door in a towel.

The thought of you in a towel, dripping wet, delivered within a couple seconds of being told how special you think he is... the poor guy doesn't really stand a chance.

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Now that's definitely a man's spoken true words right there!!!:D

16. mamboqueen

I think we went beyond the small of the back here *LOL* I don't think most guys need visuals like this so early on! He won't have to actually come to the door with the flowers if you catch my drift ;)

17. fascination

WOW....if I am ever available...I am taking the first plane to the UK...and I'm afraid of flying

18. fascination

lol

19. mamboqueen

Okay. Back to your problem. He doesn't know you know he brought you flowers. So, given the life expectancy of roses, he really has to try to come back again and deliver them, lest he wastes a bunch of money on them (unless he's like my husband who does the drive-by $9.99/bunch nonsense....). I'm really not sure what else you can do. If you really want to get to know him, make sure you're home tomorrow and ANSWER THE DOOR!

20. AzureDreamer

AzureDreamer New Member

Definately go talk to him... force the issue. A lot of nice guys will take any setback at all (like you not being home) as a negative sign. Let him know you saw him (that shower thing is too good to pass up, lol.)

I'd still touch him on the arm though, guys are not used to being touched by women. It makes a huge impression. He'll think about it for days and days.