Salsa > Would you like to perform?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by genEus, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Medira

Medira New Member

I'd ask around and see if there's interest in your area for a performance group. If it seems like you could find enough people, find a song and see what you can come up with! It never hurts to try. :)

2. SalseraLaura

SalseraLaura New Member

i have some ppl in mind that i know would be interested, thats not really the biggest problem. it just feels like a huge task and i have no idea how to go about choreography or choosing songs or anything, what comes first? the chicken or the egg?

3. africana

africana New Member

hey do a separate thread. I've been thinking about creating choreogrphy becuase I've had a couple of people approach me about doing it. I'm not fond of performing itself because I would demand too much of me to do it right, but I can see myself creating pieces for others to perform

4. genEus

genEus New Member

LOL. Sagitta, you know I just started out... Am I going to perform? Not soon. WILL I be working towards this goal? Most definitely. 8)

5. chandra

chandra New Member

In general, YES

performing is my love. Whether its street performing, performing on stage, dance showcases etc. I LOVE it.

Salsa however, I am not nearly good enough at to perform. Maybe one day!

6. NZ Girl

NZ Girl New Member

LUV IT!

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

What do you perform, then, may I ask?

8. NZ Girl

NZ Girl New Member

I just figured out how to quote - cool!

salsa, samba and some lambada

9. Sagitta

Cool. Two dances you can back-lead me? samba, lambada...

10. NZ Girl

NZ Girl New Member

Yep - Carnival Samba

11. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I LOVE to perform! It's the highest high!

I am also interested in choreography. I guess I'll do the honors of starting a new thread, although I seem to be a pariah around here lately...

12. eyesofire49

eyesofire49 New Member

Performing, whether it's salsa or more traditional ballroom is all the same for me. It's kind of difficult to explain- whether the crowd numbers dozens or hundreds... the high I get, the energy I take in just being out there is something you have to experience for yourself in order to really understand it. :)

It's the same way when I compete. Sure - winning is nice, I won't lie to you about that. But it's the lure of competition itself, the energy and the passion I get by putting the very best of us out there that keeps me coming back for more every time. :)

13. Vin

Vin New Member

I've performed, didn't necessarily like it. Didn't hate it, it just doesn't do anything for me.

I prefer social dancing, I will admit to getting a bit of a high when I'm being watched while social dancing. It's different, when people are watching you perform they are being somewhat forced to watch you, when people watch your social dancing they are CHOOSING to watch you, alot better in my opinion.

14. Sagitta

Even better! :D