Salsa > Would you take your date salsa dancing?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by clave, Aug 20, 2005.

1. tacad

tacad New Member

:lol:

2. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

When I started going out with my SO, we would meet up for a meal, then perhaps go to a cinema, then the local salsa club. We met through salsa, we both knew each others' dance habits (I dance to any song and with everyone; he dances to songs he likes and with girls he knows), we had no intention of keeping our relationship secret, so going to a salsa club as part of a date night was not a problem.

3. gte692h

gte692h Member

i wouldn't take a date to a salsa club. Definitely too loud, and there's no real opportunity to interact. Plus, its too dark ;) they all look good in dim light!

seriously though, i like to see how people are outside of the salsa environment, especially if she is a salsera. later on, maybe if we last for a month or two, yea, the occasional salsa date.

4. tacad

tacad New Member

:lol: That dim light can take 10 years off a person.

5. tj

tj New Member

But what if I don't want her to look 15? :roll: :wink:

6. africana

africana New Member

good comeback tj ;)

yeah what's wrong with her looking old (or her age)? Can salseros ever get beyond appearances and just dance?

7. tj

tj New Member

Lol, I'm just joking around.

About taking dates to salsa clubs - I agree with a bunch of the posts here. It's not particularly good "quality time", and I'd rather go somewhere more intimate where we can actually have a conversation.

Plus, as I've posted elsewhere, going to a salsa club (for me), is all about spending as much time with as many different dancers as I can. Which is totally the opposite of what I want during a date.

8. africana

africana New Member

Yes I knew that, just annoyed at the comment that precipitated your response

9. tacad

tacad New Member

I think the context was a date. :wink:

I have no problems dancing with someone older than me. In fact, my issues are quite the reverse. I tend to not ask the hot, sexy woman for a dance. But I am striving valiantly to do so now! :roll: :lol:

10. africana

africana New Member

yes I prefer to date hot looking studs myself, preferably my age, but you miss out on so much if that's all (not to mention the hottest always seem to be the dumbest)

with little comments like that it's just so apparent what some people go for date or no

11. tacad

tacad New Member

Ah heck. Time to be clear. Here's what I was thinking. If I ask a salsera on a date she may look like she's my age because of the dim light but in reality she may be 10 years older (personal experience here.) There's nothing wrong with dating an older woman but I don't prefer 10 years older. And there's nothing wrong with that, either. :) Dancing is a whole other story and I do enjoy dancing with everybody. :)

12. africana

africana New Member

I did not misunderstand your initial or subsequent posts on the matter ;)

13. gte692h

gte692h Member

its funny - this whole dim light thing. one girl in my scene - we were really into each other. until she tells me she's in high school. completely taken by surprise! at that point, i had to back away.

that dim light :? .. i thought she was atleast my age..

14. latindia

latindia New Member

you sick old man...chasing kids :p :p

:lol:

15. gte692h

gte692h Member

lol

more like, 'naughty young girl, chasing old men!'

16. africana

africana New Member

wahah!

see it wouldn't matter if one were *just* dancing ;)

17. Gussie

Gussie New Member

Leaf, you're my hero! *smirk*

gte692h - maybe she was just really really dumb and had to resit her exams for the last ten years...

Just thinking about age.. girls.. ever notice how the lads are always asking the nubile young women to dance and the older ones are left standing unless they are dancing goddesses?

Life's cruel and sometimes liposuction seems the only way to get a busy evening in salsaland.

As for dates.. you couldn't not take someone on a date to a salsa club, if they are gonna have a problem with you dancing in the future, you might as well cut your ties before you get too attached and realise it's them or dancey..

18. africana

africana New Member

Yes that's where my mind was going with the age comments thank you! even the older dancing goddesses have a hard time when surrounded by younger dancing goddess ;)

maybe I'll shoot myself once I turn 30

19. nikita

nikita New Member

Taking a date to salsa dancing? No way!!!
    I am dancing all nite long with everybody around. So, I wouldn't rarely see my date. If it's a non-salsero, he would get bored. Or worse, I wouldn't even realize when he's left, without me :car:
    If he´s a salsero- I would definately like to see him outside the scene. :friend:

20. Josh

Josh Active Member

Actually I have found it to be true that the best dancers, whether ugly/hot, seem to be the ones dancing the whole night ... but that can differ from location to location, and even club to club I suppose.

I must say though, that no matter how good a salsera is, I just do not like dancing with very overweight women, since they can be difficult to lead. There are some moves I simply cannot lead if the lady's waist is too big (esp. things led from the waist/hip).

Give up dancey dancey?? :shock: