Salsa > WOuld you trust cheap dance shoes?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by thespina13, Apr 3, 2006.

1. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

I went here; http://www.danceshoesonline.com/ladies_sandals_AB.html

And the shoes get REALLY cheap. I found some ones that look like something I'd get that are priced at 55 bucks! Do I dare? I mean this is like less than a third of what one would normally pay. Am I better off spending lots of money? Or is price not a good indicator of quality?

Share your experience....

2. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

I might try 'em out - you can always use them to go out for social dancing if they're not that great.

My prediction is that they'd be ok - not great, but acceptable-, but would wear out really fast.

3. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

I've worn many different brands over the years, and have had various issues with them all regardless of name or price. I say give it a try. You might want to check out danceshoesstore.com. Free (and fast) shipping, and they even contacted me right away when what I ordered wasn't available so I could make a substitution. A lot of the suppliers of "cheap" shoes nail you on shipping costs.

Melissa

4. aimerrouge

aimerrouge New Member

My first salsa dance shoes cost $115 US. I wore them to class and social dancing. (They were my only dance shoes.) Class at least once a week. Social Dancing about twice a week.

They lasted about six months.

My next pair cost $49 US. They too lasted about six months.

The moral of my story: I only buy $49 dance shoes. :)

5. chandra

chandra New Member

Or, www.exoticsalsashoes.com... DSOL's shipping is from China, and Expensive, where as Exotic salsa shoes is cheap.

I bought shoes from DSOL, and if I hadnt stopped wearing heels, I would still be wearing them. I like them alot.

6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I bought two pairs. One for practice and the other for shows etc. However, I tend to wear my nicer pair just to get used to wearing the high heel. Now, I love high heels! Both pairs are fine, but I've only owned them for two months now. We'll see how long they last. They did end up costing me a good $200, but I plan on keeping them for a very long time. And I will take them into a repair shop if I have to in order to save money. ;)