Dancers Anonymous > Wouldn't It Be Cool If We Could All Get Together and Dance.

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Spitfire, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

I would be absolutely cool to meet you guys & girls in person. 8) 8) 8)

Maybe I will be able to travel over the little pond of water, but not likely this year. :(

Anybody visiting Denmark let me know. :wink:

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I'm hoping to be back next summer John...no solid plans yet, but I'll keep you posted.

3. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

Let's see...we would need to have a pretty wide selection of music for
    breakdancing
    clogging
    ballroom
    Latin
    salsa
    Lindy
    West Coast Swing
    Argentine Tango
    ...But I would love that! :D

4. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

My idea would be ballroom based with the music evened out for all the different dances. This would apply to samba and merenque since most of the dances I attend don't play a lot of this. Unless there was a consensus vote to do so I would leave out foxtrot mixers and swing snowballs.

5. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

This is pretty amazing. It sounds as if there was a family reunion on the works. I can only dance a bad Mambo :oops: but it wouldn't keep me from having a great time just watching you guys get down. Since, I'm in NY and as SD funds are scarce I would have to attend a reunion at a latter date.

6. Spitfire

I like the clogging and break dance idea; don't do either myself, but to add more variety, sure. 8)

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I know just the place. It plays all of that music . . . great dance floor too!

Can you all make it to my house on . . . . . :wink:

8. Spitfire

Gotta large floor or back yard patio? :lol:

9. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

I'm game! Let me know when and where and I'll see what I can arrange to get off work and scrounge up some cash. It can be a pre-set event or one planned just for this Forum members.

I haven't had "social" dance lessons in about two or three years so I may need some refresher walk throughs, but I can usually follow pretty good.

Sounds like fun!!! :D

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What locations/dates are on the table?

11. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

I'm game. Cali isn't that far a drive from me..

12. Spitfire

Next summer in San Diego; I plan on making a trip there anyway.

13. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

cool. let's have one in the Phx area too hehe :lol:

14. Spitfire

Hmmm, what would be a good spot? The Paragon maybe? It's got a big floor. The owner of the Paragon is the one teaching WCS at the benefit dance in Fountain Hills.

I understand the Indian School Rd. Arthur Murray's to have a very spacious floor.

15. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

No, no, no, NO! San Diego is a *much* better place to have a DF get together. If you don't believe me, just ask me...I'll tell you!

16. Spitfire

Will you host it SD? :lol:

Sure; whatever - just make sure it's held when I'll be visiting. :mrgreen:

17. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Paragon would be a great place! Hey Jonathan, we're not saying CA is a bad place, we're just discussing possible Phx options :p

18. Black Sheep

Black Sheep New Member

WE ALL CAN DANCE TOGETHER

SPITEFIRE,
    Check ther thread, "A Six Ways To Harmonize WCS with ECS";
    Where the twain meets: Differences in Lindy Styles can easily be overcome using the techniques in the above thread.
    Black Sheep, Back in the fold.

19. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Where do we stand with the proposed DF family reunion? Are there dates or locations on the table? This could easily become another one of those great ideas that never happened. :cry:

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Regardless of what dates are set, those days will be good for some and not so good for others . . . so SDsalsaguythe day should come from the Administration . . . pick a date . . . San Diego for the first, Phoenix for the second, and working our way east as we go. I'm easy!!!!!!!!!!!