Dancers Anonymous > X-mas dinner help

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Peaches, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

I never get enough of it :twisted: :) .

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

those are great
    huge greek favorite

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

meh... pumpkin's good any ol' time. and actually, it would go better with your menu choice than stuffed tomatoes.

mahogony chicken? MADE to go with pumpkin!

4. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Of course the frozen ones. Never tried the jarred ones. They're too expensive anyway. (This is a Jamie Oliver recipe, love that guy).

Just peel the pumpkin and take away the seeds, fiber, etc. You know the meat in between the skin and seeds. The tastes very good though it's very simple.

5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hmmm...never seen frozen artichokes...but then again, I never looked. I'll have to try that. Hopefully I can find things like artichokes in my neck of the woods...hopefully people in the store will know what I'm talking about when I ask. (Don't laugh, I ran across someone who didn't realize that ginger existed in a form other than dried and powdered, in the baking aisle. The nearest ginger-having store is 45+minutes away.)

6. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Oooh, I should send you one of the culinary ginger plants we have in the greenhouse on campus. They reproduce like mad, and as I'm sure you've discovered, there's nothing like fresh ginger :)

7. Dancebug

Dancebug Well-Known Member

Speaking about the ignorance of the people who work at groceries, I ran into a lot of cashers who could not tell zucchinis from cucumbers.

8. Peaches

There are culinary and non-culinary versions? Ya' learn something new every day...

Sweet thought, and much appreciated, but we kill plants. Except Phil(odendron), who seems to like being ignored. But he's the only surviving plant.

9. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I made something similar to this (minus the potatoes) for Thanksgiving. It was colorful and yummy. The only thing is -- I used fresh brussel sprouts, and if I did it again (which I would), I'd cut the cooking time down by about 10 minutes. The sprouts were a little overcooked....or you can add them about 10-15 minutes into the cooking.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Roasted-Root-Vegetables/Detail.aspx

10. chandra

chandra New Member

Two thoughts:
    One, Green beens and slivered almonds, sauteed in olive oil and spices. (then baked)
    Two: What about some kind of shepherds pie? My favorite vegetarian pie obtion is Cheese and broccoli. You have a creamy cheddar cheese filling, with broccoli, carrots and potatoes inside a pie crust. Aside for a short pre cook of veggies, its baked!

Edit: Oooooh, sautee the green beans in ghee not olive oil, and deffinitly use fresh ones!

11. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

So what did you end up doing, Peaches?

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

yah, inquiring minds want to know! <g>

13. Peaches

Wussed out.

Green bean casserole (comfort food) and roasted asparagus (I like it, and damn the others).

Problem solved.