Dancers Anonymous > xkcd anyone?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by quixotedlm, Oct 28, 2007.

1. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

2. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

This comic made me wish that I had teachers like Mr.Munroe - with a wicked sense of humor. In grad school, Analysis of Algorithms was considered a very hard subject - and I took the class in my very first semester. It was a lot of fun, but the professor who taught the class the following semester made me wish that I had waited to take the class with him. For the final exam, he set a question paper that was an overnight-exam. Students came into the exam room at 6pm, and the invigilators (including the professor) remained there until 6am the following morning.

There were only about 5-6 questions to solve, but it took many students severals hours to solve the whole exam. I sure would have loved to be in that class - because I could always solve the problems, but not always quickly enough (I still got an A, so in retrospect it wouldn't have mattered, but I could have recounted that exam as my adventure today - but now I can't :( )

I don't think he was allowed to repeat the 12h final exam again ;)

3. tj

tj New Member

Problem 1 left out how long your reaction time is, as well as your own rate of acceleration... :rolleyes: (just kidding, Quix!)

Yeah, I think I'd have enjoyed this class! :)

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

How weird! I just found this comic a few days ago and loved some of the strips.

5. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

Also, it doesn't say anything about its vision acumen to correctly compute when it will 'spot' the student!