Dancers Anonymous > Xmas is coming ... !!!

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Nov 25, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

the amount of bad quote unquote foods i have made and consumed in the pat 3 days is staggering. and tonight i'll have a final splurge lounging in my brother's McMansion watching ballroom dancing on his widescreen on PBS and stuffing my face with the grasshopper squares i've made.

then tomorrow, back on the train, back to new york, and back to the gym - in fact i'm going DIRECT from Penn Station to my gym. and i have a week's worth of lessons to make up with my teacher, so we're doubling up this week, and i have a bunch of yoga coupons to use for the new year. so i'll be doing a gym session, a lesson or two and a yoga class every day til the new year.

my idea of heaven.

2. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

alemana, what are grasshopper squares?

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yum...and my idea of heaven too, btw...

4. alemana

alemana New Member

mine were a brownie layer topped with a peppermint white chocolate layer covered in bittersweet ganache. if you search epicurious for "grasshopper squares," you'll see the recipe.

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lol

i just drummed up this thread to report that i took out the bag of Fascination Cookies (notice official capitalization) out of the freezer this morning and just now had one... er, two... and that they are even BETTER after being "aged" in this manner!

fascination, you are truly a delicacy that improves with age! LOL

am going back for hefty seconds. i ate only a couple cookies over xmas, managed easily to eat at least 85% live fruit/vedge/& nuts the whole time i was away amidst all the family hullabaloo... i think i need a little peppermint mocha to round things out nicely

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

fascilero gets my vote! :D

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

mmmm... grasshopper squares...

<memories filtering in of mom's grasshopper pie circa mid 70s... wow>