Dance Websites > Yahoo Video Search (for Dancing)

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by DanceMentor, Dec 16, 2004.

1. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

2. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:shock: does it, would it, could it (!!!) work on the same principle for salsa and bachata videos? :D

3. DanceMentor

absolutely! 8)

4. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

That is overwelming! When will I have time to go through all those and pick out the ones that will really help me. (And still get some work done yet!)

Thanks!!!!

5. heartgrl2k

heartgrl2k New Member

Very Very Cool!

There are great Jack & Jill competition clips if you search under West Coast Swing.

Thanks for the post!

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

yup. Just tried out bachata. But the couple I saw weren't that great. :?

7. DanceMentor

Yes, I would love to incorporate a video blog here where people can submit videos. The only thing that has stopped me is I'm not sure people have the technology to get their videos compressed and web ready, but I plan to do it one day (maybe even in 2005).

8. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

Would you store the videos, or only point to them?

I think one of the issues is making things concise... it's fairly easy to plug a recent camcorder into a recent computer and dump the entire tape, but for online usage people would have to select out interesting parts to post.

And then there are codec standardization issues: quicktime is nice if you want to buy the authoring tools. For free tools, XVid (updated divx replacement) is great. Both this and quicktime work with players that have frame advance/rewind. But if you use windows movie maker, you're likely stuck with the proprietary WMV that little else can handle.

9. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

Whoa... on the 4th page, I saw something that is clearly not ballroom dancing :oops: If that's what the kids are calling ballroom dancing these days, it's clearly an Adult sport :!:

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Point me to page four! :shock: :wink: :lol:

11. Throwaway Overshare

Throwaway Overshare New Member

Of course if someone less pure of heart were to try to watch it, they might find it was actually a tame ballroom video that somehow got the wrong thumbnail.

12. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

13. Porfirio Landeros

Porfirio Landeros New Member

EXCELLENT! I was gonna click it when I got home, not on the corporate network :wink: