Salsa > Year to Date

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Oct 7, 2004.

?

Year to Date

1. None

100.0%
  2. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 8

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Enquiring minds would like to know :D how many congresses, festivals or weekenders have you attended year to date?

I am curious about numbers, not specifics, unless you want to share :wink:

In case you need reminding or suggestions of what may or may not have been held already :wink:

Annual Salsa Congresses & Events

For other polls in this "series", I have created a Salsa Polls index :D

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

One. Only one. :( And you?

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:doh: :nope: any chance you might "submit" and click on the "submit vote" :tongue:

4. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Two -- SalsaMed Festival (event held in Spain but organised by a UK promoter) and the UK congress. Haven't done any truly non-UK weekender yet -- a situation I feel I have to remedy soon :lol:

5. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

When I saw the title of this thread I interpreted this as meaning this was the year to date! Then I saw the poll with numbers and I thought it was looking for how many dates we had been on?

Lol! Silly me.

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Just 2(or was it 3?). I attend a lot of parties, which I feel are more fun. Too many show-offs at the big events here. Not many strangers ask you to dance. People tend to stay in their little cliques. At parties(& even at clubs) I know people, have friends and don't feel like people are trying to show me anything. Strangers seem more friendly, too. I try to attend the local biggie festivals to support the salsa community in my area, and to drag along as many people as possible to these events. The sponsors reciprocate when I have parties and bring in dancers from out-of-town to my events!

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Coco, have you been to the Japan Salsa Congress? I'm wondering what it's like since it's one of the options I'm considering as part of my ambition :lol: to do overseas congresses. I see it recommended on Salsa-UK's website, but I don't know what the recommendation is based on.

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Nope, those are held up in Tokyo, right? I was considering going a couple years back to one in Tokyo but had too much work at the time. Not too many people I knew went- way too costly considering the transportation from over here in western Japan. If you were to go, you'd probably have a great time! Japan always attracts the big-name performers & there are always plenty of workshops! :D

9. Pacion

Pacion New Member

MacMoto, I suggest you put LA and or Puerto Rico (not sure which one though as it seems the organisers split and are now organising events on the same weekend :roll: ). I suggest LA because of the sheer size of it, Puerto Rico because it is pretty and have generally heard good things about the island itself. I also suggest NY and Milan. :lol:

What would probably be easier is to decide how much you can spend, when can you go, get a map and throw a dart. Where ever the dart lands, that is where you should go 8) There is just so much to choose from these days.

10. Jamie

Jamie New Member

None for me ......... as yet :)

11. Lita_rulez

Lita_rulez New Member

Four for me, including the small "local not international mini congress", and will be four full international ones by the end of the month, including the Geneva congress (Year to date, none will have disapeared ;) )

12. mambochino

mambochino New Member

People do that in Japan? :shock: