Dancers Anonymous > Yesterday I went out to ....

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by elisedance, Nov 10, 2007.

1. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

I'd be careful about saying you went there yesterday (as in those 3 words in that order...) unless you want people's minds to head "south", lol. The Amazing Video Store is a chain of "adult" stores.... When I first saw your post, that's exactly what my first thought was until I read further....lol

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Shoot - but I suppose that is bound to happen. Someone somewhere will have an alternative interpretation of just about anything you say.

Oh, and this was not THAT kind of amazing.... :)

3. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Yesterday started waking up just in time for lunch (made by SO) then out to play LaserTag for an hour w/ SO and his 2 roommates. Dinner at a Mexican restaurant. (went social dancing) and went out for dessert after the dance w/ him and 2 mutual friends. :)

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Went grocery shopping in the a.m. Unfortunately, I got back and was in the midst of putting things away when DH and his father got to the house. (I try to make it a point NEVER to do anything even vaguely domestic in FIL's presence.)

Then we went bowling, then to Outback for dinner.

5. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Well done, seems like you made it through day 1 P....

party with my group to celebrate funding at pub/restaurant....

6. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Work, dance practice, joined international rumba group. Nothing out of the ordinary.

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I still read 'international rhumba group' as one composed of poles, swiss, bolivians etc. !

8. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

Ditto LOL

9. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Would that constitute Pole dancing? :razz:

10. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Absolutely. Which would also be swiss cheese-cake.... :p

11. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

Of course, one could now ask exactly how you know about that particular chain of video stores...:p

Yesterday we went to a tryout for a semi-local ballet studio's production of "The Nutcracker." They originally asked for "eight ballroom couples" for the party scene, and asked for input on choreography. We drive up (2 hrs), they ask us and the other couple that showed to perform two separate dances (we did a waltz and cha-cha), then told us it was going to be a quadrille. Ok, great, that's what it should be, right? Only... they didn't quite know what a quadrille was, and the more we heard about what they wanted, the more we didn't want to do it.

The date of the production clashed with our plans to attend a dance camp in June, so we couldn't do it anyway.

12. elisedance

elisedance New Member

:) put it down to experience - and at least you got a story from it. Can't remember the last time I heard 'Quadrille' mentioned - I think it was to do with the walrus and the carpenter's oysters!

Yesterday went to IKEA to find frames - bought 14 of them but not in exactly the size I needed. They will have to do. Also had an open shrimp salad sandwich - with stale, soggy bread - but a nice cup of coffee. And stocked up on the round swedish crispbread - the real stuff.

13. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

And what's more, they wanted such a big commitment to what's usually a relatively small portion of the play. For that one scene, we were supposed to be at practice just about every Saturday until then, and also the entire week before the production for "dress rehearsal."

I like just about any sort of "cracker." I haven't had the actual Swedish version (with rye flour, right?), but water crackers can usually be found on my desk at any given time.

There's a German deli/bakery down the street that uses an old family recipe to make their "house cracker," and it's absolutely to die for. We usually have them cater our office's client meetings, and there's always plenty of the stuff left over to snack on throughout the week :cool: My DP/GF usually snacks on matzo, and her horses love it too!

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Don't you have an IKEA nearby? Thats the place for the whole-rye crisp bread - by the way, a slice is only 50 calories so its a great diet tool - but look out for the souped up versions....

15. jwlinson

jwlinson Member

Nope. The closest is up around Chicago, and I'm at the opposite end of the state.

...oh, but we have 11 Walmart stores within a 1-hour radius...

16. elisedance

elisedance New Member

ouch. Well, if you can find WASA crispbread - the hearty rye variety is pretty close... (I don't like the RIVITA brand as much).

17. reb

reb Active Member

Yesterday DW and I walked to the Island, took the Ferry across to the Penninsula where we had dinner at one of our favorite restaurants on their balcony overlooking the harbor.

DW loves to watch the wildlife along the way, starting with the neighborhood dogs and cats, then moving on to more 'wild'life such as seals, but particularly the birds - with her favorites being the Herons and Pelicans.

18. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

...the neighborhood with my daughter to sell Girl Scout cookies

19. lcdancesport

lcdancesport Active Member

Speaking of Girl Scout cookies, I cannot wait until I get the ones I ordered! I went for a box of thin mints, pb patties, pb sandwiches, and lastly the caramel delights. *drool*

Oh wait, yesterday... yesterday I went to the studio to practice with someone over my lunch break then taught a lesson, had a private lesson with my teacher on international rumba and cha cha, then joined a american silver waltz group. Later went out for a drink with a couple teachers and went home to finally sleep.

20. Tori

Tori New Member

Yesterday I went to school and did the written part of my social studies exam. I had an inner spaz when the power went out when I was TYPING page three of an eventual five. Thankfully the computers are on a back up generator and nothing was lost. That certainly didn't stop me from hitting "ctrl + S" like a mad-woman though.