Dancers Anonymous > Yet another dating thread :)

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by quixotedlm, Oct 10, 2006.

1. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

If it's a casual interest, it's easy to move on from a 'not interested' to old habits of friendship. hugely blown up crushes are pretty hard to get over ;)

Several weeks ago, I coughed up the courage and asked her out (or rather, awkwardly 'fessed up that i like her and would like to date her), and she responded with a surprised reaction and said that she was just being affectionate:)rolleyes:) and friendly.. i kept the door open for normal friendship (mentioned that i'd not want it to be awkward and i do like dancing and sharing other small interests with her), but no response for many weeks... (during which i started and ended another somewhat turbulent relationship - i clearly got over this crush)...

More recently (a couple of days ago), i had her walk by me in the dance floor, coyly touch me on my back and say hi with a flirty smile.. not sure if this is just her way of being friendly or her way of being a temptress under the guise of friendliness.. clearly, verbal communication is not her forte if her desire is to reconnect (after having waited a decent period of couple of weeks to let passions/emotions subside). So i'll wait for another sign from her. If it is verbal and friendly, I'd be happy to go back to what originally was (though I suspect that I'll have a crush all over again...). If it is non-verbal but still unambiguosly just-friends type of communication, then it's ok too. But if I feel like she is being flirty with me again, I think it's time for games to begin. I strongly suspect this is where we are headed, and this time around, I don't have a huge crush - only a goal to steal candy from the jar and willingness to try :rolleyes:. Let's see how it all goes...

I'd much prefer simplicity, direct and open communication and peace :|

2. samina

samina Well-Known Member

IMO she's not being flirtatious with "come hither" intent... she's being tentative & walking on eggshells, knowing how you are inclined to feel about her... my advice is persuade yourself that you misread all her social cues, both back then as well as now, and don't go back to familiar angst-ridden territory. well... you didn't ask for advice, but... there it is.:rolleyes:

3. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

no, flying kisses and winks with a coy look (from past) don't count as innocuous. and if they are, it speaks of malformed social cues... i'm ok with the past.

yes, in the present, i'm super inclined to assume innocence. so until i can be convinced that she is playing me, i'll try to go back to being friendly. but i have to be sure (for my sake) that she is not playing games... so i'll take tentative steps towards her (or just not take any steps at all).

but this time around, if she plays, i play too. when i'm not being a love-sick puppy invested in all that angst, i play really well :rolleyes:

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

knock yourself out if you enjoy it, then... personally, those games don't hold my interest.

5. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

It's better if she just clubs you over the head and drags you off to her cave.

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

lmao... a particular dating ritual i've never explored... must find suitable club, perhaps...

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

awww...yer just sayin' that;)

8. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

What an interesting concept! I must try this out on somebody sometime. ;)

9. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

power play.. i already like the sound of it. you must be our local bdsm expert ;)

10. Sandcastles

Sandcastles New Member

Been there, done that. Doesn't work as well as one would like to think. If you have to drag them kickin' and screamin' is it really worth it? LOL

11. samina

samina Well-Known Member

my sentiment exactly... who wants a guy that's not mad for you, anyway?:rolleyes:

12. quixotedlm

quixotedlm New Member

sure, it's better than nuthin' :rolleyes:

or you could build a harem. 10 of em drag-kickin-and-screaming types, maybe 1 or 2 that really want to come to your cave?

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If they aren't mad for you isn't that a problem to begin with?

14. SlowDancer

SlowDancer New Member

Ditto, or rather, tritto!

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

How do you know they'll be kicking and screaming? They might enjoy it. ;)

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

exactamente...