Tango Argentino > Yet another plug for the peeps in Blighty

Discussion in 'Tango Argentino' started by Heather2007, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

I don't know this chap, but I understand he's good:

WORKSHOPS ERIC JEURRISEN WILL BE GIVING IN LONDON FOR THE FIRST HALF OF 2008

SUNDAY 10TH FEBRUARY 2008
    "SWING,CORTE AND REBOUND" - Rodriguez/Canaro

SUNDAY 13TH APRIL 2008
    "SMOOTH"....barridas,planeos,boleos and others - Di Sarli/Pugliese

SUNDAY 11TH MAY
    "100 YEARS OF TURNS"...DIFFERENT STYLES FROM 1908 TO 2008 -Firpo to Narcotango
    All to be held at The Factory Dance Centre,407 Hornsey Road,London N19
    12 noon - 5.00pm
    To book email david@baraka.demon.co.uk or call 07970597276
    You need to book as a couple
    £45 per person
    Best wishes for the New Year
    luv
    David Lurie (aka Mr D and the Tweety Birds )

2. JonD

JonD New Member

Eric is an excellent teacher, one of the very best I've had the pleasure to be taught by. I've heard him described as the finest European teacher of Tango and I can believe that may be the case - but I haven't been taught by all of them yet! Eric is also a lovely person. He is the founder and moving spirit behind El Corte in Nijmegen which is a truly fantastic and welcoming place to dance.

If you get the chance to go to one of Eric's workshops I'd jump at it. It may be expensive but it's worth it. I've travelled up to London from Exeter twice to do just that and received some incredibly valuable and helpful insights into my dancing in return; expect to concentrate - really listen and really watch. Eric is very charming, gentle and polite but can be very forthright. But then, you shouldn't pay £45 for a workshop if you don't intend to pay close attention to the teacher (though it amazes me that some folk do just that)!

3. spectator

spectator Member

Anyone doing Bylaugh's post christmas festival? am thinking about dragging myself up from north london.

4. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

Where's that, got a link?

5. spectator

spectator Member

6. Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey New Member

7. Angel HI

Angel HI Well-Known Member

From a peer, just wished to iterate JonD's above post if it helps the OP's Op.

8. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Pablo Veron Workshop in Jan

Pablo Veron will be doing another workshop at Negrachas on 19 & 20 January.

Sat19 - 15.00-16.30 - Beginners / 17.00-18.00 Tango Intermediates
    Sun20 - 15.00-16.30 - Tango Advanced / 17.00-18.30 Milong & Vals

£20 per person, per workshop / £35 per person per 2 workshops (cheap!! Well, I should coco).

Book quick as there is limited availability (20 couples max)- advanced bookings only (cheques made out to Ivan). Don't want to advertise Ivan's address here on DF - so send him an email and get his details.

IVAN ARANDIA - negracha@btinternet.com

9. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

And if you're intermediate, sign for the advanced class, because the intermediate one is only one hour long.

10. Heather2007

Heather2007 New Member

Negrachas this Friday

Pablon Veron will be back at Negrachas this coming Friday 18th. Luis DJ'ing.