Dancers Anonymous > YIKES! I cut my hair, now what do i do?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by 3wishes, Apr 6, 2010.

1. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

I cut 10-14 inches off of my long hair for a good cause. Human hair for wigs for cancer patients. And there were bunches of little girls watching at the hospital. DH, tried not to winch but smiled for the kiddos.:banana:NOW, what do I do? My hair is above my shoulder but 3 inches below the ear. Suggestions for styling? PLEASE?!! I'm dancing Rhythm in a morning section and Standard in an afternoon section on the same day in an upcoming competition.:rolleyes:

2. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

To 3Wishes

3Wishes, I tip my hat to you for sacrificing your hair for a good cause! Bless you!
    :p

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

see pix of joanna leunis for ideas... is it that short, now?

4. 3wishes

No, it's not Joanna Leunis short. Picture a blunt cut - that brushes the shoulders.
    If I have someone "do" my hair (Elaine or Boyko) they will probably jump for joy because they continually tell me "gee, you have ALOT of hair". hmmmm.
    They took my "cut" hair in a pony tail with three rubber bands and let the children see what "their" hair is going to look like. NOW, that was funny weird ( their faces were priceless).

5. Bailamosdance

Bailamosdance Well-Known Member

What a wonderful, kind and compassionate thing to dO!

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

my hair was formerly about that length...I would pull the front up for rhythm in a ponytail on top with the back down...then, for standard I would turn the top pony tail into curls on the top (still in the ponytail but split into fragments and pinned in place)...and put the part in the back into a low chignon, back-combing if neccessary...adding a hair gel accessory between the top area and the chignon

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

having worked for hospice for many years, and having lost my mother after she had lost all of her hair...thanks for what you did 3wishes...my dtr did this as well and it is a wonderful, wonderful gift

8. CANI

CANI Active Member

3wishes -- this is a tremendous gift. Thank you so much for doing it. I'm sorry I don't have any hair style suggestions, but what a good-hearted, and much needed, donation. Thank you.

9. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I'll bet you look great as you are 3wishes. ;)

10. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I second that...

11. 3wishes

blush! Mahalo! spitfire and ray.

12. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

My hair is about your length and what I do is put it into a low ponytail/bun and slap a fake bun on it. But I've also had comp hairdressers put it in a French twist (took a lot of teasing to create the volume, but I need that anyway because I don't look good with the slicked-back look).

13. Amanda Coyle

Amanda Coyle New Member

I'm all for social causes (and more power to you 3wishes). but this is simply one thing that i cannot do! :) oh well there are actually probably a few things that i would do this for...

*excuse me as a newbie as i explore the old threads*

14. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

I'm cutting my hair in a couple of months...it's going to be boy-length.

15. DrDoug

DrDoug Active Member

How long a boy are we talking about?