Yoga Toes vs. knock-offs?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by waltzgirl, Mar 10, 2009.

1. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Has anyone seen the brand-name "Yoga Toes" and any of the various knock-offs of them? I was wondering if there was a difference that justified paying about twice as much for the brand name.

2. Chris Stratton

Chris Stratton New Member

I got some generic knock offs at CVS this week for ten bucks. I'd prefer a wider spacer for the big toe and maybe less for the little toe, but they seem okay.

3. Me

Me New Member

I love my Yoga toes. :)

Before buying the brand "Yoga toes" I found a knock-off at Wal*mart (cannot remember the name of the brand) but it was just terrible. It was entirely too large and the spaces did not even begin to contour to a human foot. Wish I could warn you about the brand... it really was a terrible excuse.

4. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

I have tried the other brand, and I am back to my original yoga-toes.

5. Bella

Bella New Member

Huh? What are Yoga Toes?!

6. Chris Stratton

google is your friend

7. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

I have a knockoff brand and they work ok. Then again, I've never had yoga toes.

8. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Thanks for the responses! After looking at the Yoga Toes online, they do seem more contoured than the knockoffs I've seen. I decided to go with the Yoga Toes (after finding a discount code online that took off $15--it's YR778, if anyone is interested).

9. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Did you order them from the Yoga Pro website? Is that where the coupon is good?

10. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Yoga Toes are EVIL. But lots of people here seem to love them.

[​IMG]

Personally I can't wear them for long without urgently wanting to pull them off. But perhaps that means I *need* to wear them....

11. waltzgirl

waltzgirl New Member

Yes.

12. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Thanks, WG.

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

i remember you saying they hurt your feet, and123. i often wish they separated my toes *more*. mebbe my feet are just wider? i love'em tho. they do open the lines of the toes up after they've been all smushed and knocked about.

14. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I've been avoiding this thread, it looked like it was going to be painful ;)
    Actually, I used those soft toe spacers (in essence internal yoga toes) all the time - they prevent the bones from grinding in my feet after too long in dance shoes. Sure, you can get compression blisters on the other side of the toe but its way better than the agony of hte tarsals rubbing.

Do they make a pair suitable for snow :roll: :p

15. Bella

Bella New Member

Does this stuff actually work???

16. jerseydancer

jerseydancer Active Member

Try to wear them when taking a bath, but no more for 15 min at the time.

17. Chris Stratton

Yes, that's in part why I bought cheap ones - a feeling I might eventually end up having figure out how to mold dancesport-extreme-spacing ones anyway.