General Dance Discussion > You Know you are Addicted to Dancing when...

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Apr 13, 2003.

1. LDD

LDD Member

^ THIS!!! Only difference for me is job instead of college. Love this thread. The amount of craziness here just boosted my dance fever even more!

2. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Before looking at possible transfers or other job opportunities, I check how it might affect dancing.

Different studio? How many studios nearby? Have to miss things because of a longer commute / different hours? Comps in the town or nearby? (I'm not so addicted that I'll fly cross-country for a comp unless there are other reasons for going, although spectating at Blackpool is on the bucket list.) Social venues?

scullystwin42 and Rhythmdancer like this.
  3. LDD

LDD Member

LOL that's exactly me. I'm going for an interview tomorrow and if the working hour ends too late for my dance class which is at 7 pm, I'll give it a miss.

4. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

When your studio switches the schedule for group classes around (and adds a few), and you spend hours making a colour-coded schedule mapping out how busy the floor will be to try and revise your weekly practice times... and when you can only find room for about 5 hours total while respecting the guidelines/rules about practice length and day-job imposed time of day constraints, and no workable space for your second lesson, you take the charts to your pro for input and advice... and while explaining the situation to him, you have a not-so-little meltdown, complete with crocodile tears.

(This may or may not have happened yesterday. Meltdown partly influenced by late-night exhaustion and a healthy dose of PMS, but still... poor pro :oops:)

5. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

You see a staged photo of two ballroom dancers dancing on a beach and all you can think is, "oh my goodness, she's going to RUIN her shoes!"

Sania and ocean-daughter like this.
  6. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

It snows 2" between 6 am and 9 am and you clear off a 300 foot driveway so you can make it to your 10 am lesson. Instead of staying warm inside.

MaggieMoves, Sania, LDD and 1 other person like this.
  7. RiseNFall

RiseNFall Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago I was out doing errands while it was snowing and began to realize that road conditions were getting questionable. Do I cancel my lesson later in the day? No! I immediately called the studio to move it enough earlier that I could get there and home safely. I still haven't managed to finish the errands I was in the middle of….

ocean-daughter and LDD like this.
  8. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

We need our own meme! image.jpg

ocean-daughter and j_alexandra like this.
  9. scullystwin42

scullystwin42 Well-Known Member

Or alternatively:
    image.jpg

10. Squall

Squall Member

Ballroom dance students be like

What broken leg

scullystwin42 likes this.
  11. ralf

ralf Active Member

As I frequently say: If you're cold, you're not dancing enough!

SwayWithMe and LDD like this.
  12. Sabriel

Sabriel New Member

You close the fridge with an arabesque

ocean-daughter likes this.
  13. MaggieMoves

MaggieMoves Well-Known Member

Guilty, especially last winter!

j_alexandra likes this.
  14. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

On the other side...spending 5 nights a week in Australian summer in a studio with no air conditioning...

DP and coaches have all learned how much I can sweat, lol.

15. MaggieMoves

When you're looking at wedding venues not by overall capacity or price per person, but the size of their dance floor. :D

ocean-daughter, j_alexandra and stash like this.
  16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Amazing how small most floors are at weddings. But the centers are usually occupied by clots of unattached young females shimmying for the unattached young males who are circling the herd, so dancing on the carpet is not unusual anyway.

scullystwin42 and MaggieMoves like this.
  17. MaggieMoves

Entirely true @Loki , which is why my dance floor will be huge!

18. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

You avoid a terrible accident with grace.

Between two shopping malls, we have a bridge. One day during Xmas shopping, we had heavy rain. I got to the other side and was walking across the waxed and polished marble floor to the escalator when my foot hit a wet spot and immediately my foot slipped out from under me and I was going down.

I remained calm throughout. Immediately, my supporting leg softened and I descended by folding my supporting leg beneath me. My butt never hit the floor, but rather I extended my arm out to steady myself -- finger-tip control with my palm never contacting the floor.

Without my dance experience, I have no idea how that would have played out.

19. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

Knew a blackbelt who was run off the road on his motorcylce. When he hit the ground, his training kicked in and he rolled through the impact. He was convinced that saved him from a broken neck.

j_alexandra likes this.
  20. Mr 4 styles

Mr 4 styles Well-Known Member

You book a second comp before you have even danced the first one

sbrnsmith likes this.