Dancers Anonymous > You know you are tired when...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, Jul 24, 2006.

1. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I thought it would be fun to start a new thread that talks about the crazy things to do when you are tired. So, I'll start, and you all can add on as many as you want to!

1. You know you are tired when you don't know which door goes to what room, and you end up entering the closet thinking it's your bedroom.

2. You throw your dirty clothes in some other room rather than the laundry room if their doors are shut and the laundry room door is shut too.

3. You forget to put water into the Mac 'N' Cheese and it almost starts a fire in the kitchen after turning on the microwave!

4. (Women) You put on your panty hose it seems like a million times inside out, or backwards, and you still don't get it right when you finally notice that at work.

5. (Women) You know you are really tired when you forget to wear a bra. (I've only done this once thank goodness lol).

6. You leave your back door open by mistake in order to go dancing lol. (I won't ever do that again lol.)

7. You can't find your keys, and they were right where you left them the night before, but blame everyone else for taking them and not returning them instead.

8. You put something other in the fridge/freezer not noticing what you had done until the next day.

9. You say strange things when you get really... really tired.

10. You leave your car door open by mistake in the worst parking lot possible. However, since no one wants it, it's still there waiting for you to take it home.

11. You can't find what you wanted to wear the next day even though you took everything down to be prepared in the morning.

12. You wear two different shoes on the same day even though they are the same style. (I learned to buy different styled shoes now no matter what lol.)

13. You wear two different socks that aren't even close to being alike even though they are the same color.

14. You button up your shirts/jackets wrong and don't notice until you get to work.

15. You wish that the day was over since it got off to a bad start, and only gets worse from there on out lol.

16. You notice that days seem longer than usual when you are tired.

17. You take the worst possible route to work and should know better, because you aren't thinking correctly.

18. You haven't had your coffee/caffeine intake for the day, and go around looking like a zombie until someone tells you to go get some.

19. You have lines on your face, and hope they go away before work.

20. (Women) You don't put on your makeup right, but don't care thinking that since you got away with it that long, who cares?

21. You wear a shirt inside out and don't notice until the end of the day, because you had a sweater over it.

I'm sure that I'll think of more lol! But this is it for right now. Have fun!

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Mine was going into the college snack bar for my morning coffee, opening the packet of sugar, pouring it into the trash, and dropping the empty packet into the coffee (actually, I noticed what I was doing just before that last step.

Most mornings, I bring everything into my office, grab my coffee cup and take it and my lunch bag into the break room where I put my lunch in the fridge and get my morning coffee. Too many times, I have to make a second trip back to the break room to put away my lunch because I forget to take it along on the first trip.

This one I observed in that college snack bar. A friend who smoked (most of my friends did, though I never did myself) was sitting at the table barely awake, elbows on the table, forearms tented up with the hands folded above his coffee cup and holding a lit cigarette. After he'd been half dozing there for a while, the long cigarette ash fell right into the coffee. He just sat there looking at his coffee for a while, then he stirred it and drank it anyway.

3. musicchica86

musicchica86 Active Member

LOL well I guess if you can smoke it, you can drink it....:?

4. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

Ewy...last Friday after an awesome practice and lesson, I stretched out on the chairs that are lined up against the mirrors...and I fell asleep.

5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

You find yourself standing on the train platform to go to work in the morning, and realize you have absolutely NO memory of the (very hilly, very winding, no shoulder) 12 mile drive to get there.

What's scary is that that's happened more times than I care to think about in the last 2 years.

6. wyllo

wyllo New Member

He he. Yep, I've stashed my cereal in the fridge/freezer on a couple of sleepy occassions.

7. Medira

Medira New Member

I've got you beat on that one wyllo...my purse! Imagine my surprise when I called my cell phone to try and track it down and there was a ringing in the freezer! :shock:

Talk about a case of cheerleader brain....

8. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

I think you'll be in good company in the skirt and pom poms; our rah-rah Larinda did the same thing.

9. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Thanks god I'm not the only person this has happened to!

10. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

You find yourself watching an entire episode of Boobah

11. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I recall one evening at Dance Camp a couple of years ago when I got back to my room at the end of the evening, and it must have taken me 30 minutes to get my shoes off... I thought I was going to have to sleep in them! :rolleyes:

12. brujo

brujo New Member

I once stopped at the convenience store to get some juice after salsa and walked home. The next morning, as I was walking to the subway, I saw my car - parked in front of the supermarket from the night before.

1 person likes this.
  13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I may have you beat! My parents come to visit twice a year, and during the busy holiday season. Well, last Christmas, we managed to get a tree with a bag to put the tree in afterwards. I must have been very flustered or something one day, because we had to spend a couple days looking for the cordless phone that was placed under the Christmas tree bag in the garage lol. We found it by paging the phone finally, and I was lucky that I even heard the ring cause it could have been missing for at least a couple months more lol! :p

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I think this one tops mine! ;)

15. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Make your lunch at night and then forget to put it in the fridge.

Rushing out the door this morning, I opened the fridge to get my lunch and it wasn't there! I looked over on the counter and there it had been all night. I threw the sandwich away (had mayo in it; living alone, I want absolutely nothing to do with food poisoning) and put the rest back in the fridge to build tomorrow's lunch on. Guess it's chicken enchiladas for lunch today.

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Very funny! :p

Last night I knew I was tired when I took three butter knives and used them all for my meal. I wanted a knife for the butter, so I went to grab one from the drawer. Well, I forgot why I did that, and started using it for my meal when I already had a knife that I had been using to start with. I then went back a third time to get a butter knife, and again, I had forgotten why I needed it and did the same thing. I had three butter knives (which really aren't dinner knives) on my plate and everyone had a smirk on their face just wondering when I would notice what I was doing lol. Oh well. ;)

17. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

LOL! very nice SPratt- my friend gave me a good one- she fell asleep standing up while brushing her teeth with the toothbrush in her mouth and woke up because tooth paste dripped on her toe.

1 person likes this.
  18. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

I'm notorious for misplacing glasses of iced tea around the house. Sometimes I pour a glass, take it to some room, walk out without it, and then forget that I made one. So I get another glass. Some time later my DW finds the first one. :eek: That's one of her functions in our marriage -- helping me keep track of where my tea is.

19. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I know I'm tired when I sleep with my contacts on (the effect is very tired eyes the next day, but luckily I was okay. Huh.). Supposedly, there are contacts you can sleep with, but mine are not like that. They're monthly.

T_E

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I do that with pop or chap stick things like that lol. For instance, I have a Mountain Dew can next to me right now in this room. I then have two 7up cans in two other different rooms lol. I do this with stuff like chap stick, because I'll forget where I laid the item down lol! But it only happens when I'm tired. I have a system I like to go by otherwise lol!