Dancers Anonymous > You know you are tired when...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, Jul 24, 2006.

1. Medira

Medira New Member

Well, I can definitely spare a uniform or two. I think we've got about five of them in my house at the moment... :D

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

One day in a college class, I misplaced my pencil. With increasing panic, I looked around. Not in my shirt pocket. Not on the desktop. Not on the floor. Not behind my ear (I had worked for 8 years as a carpenter's helper, so that's the natural place to place your writing stick). Where is it?

I was holding it in my right hand, ready to write with it.

------------------

And when you combine being tired with being in a hurry ...

You girls probably can't understand guys' near-paranoia that their fly might be open so we have to constantly check it, but there's a good reason for it.

In order to make one dance class on time, I'd have to rush home, get ready, make one last bathroom stop, and rush off to class. One day just before reaching the door to the dance studio, I made my last-minute fly-check. Wide open. So I shifted my shoe bag in front and very quickly zipped it up. Just seconds away from making a reputation for myself.

One captain in my Navy Reserve unit also taught college. One day he was describing his preparations for entering the classroom to start a lecture. After making sure that he had all his materials, the very last thing he always did was a fly-check.

3. dancesportgirl21

dancesportgirl21 New Member

Yesterday my friend and I were driving to the beach. We had both been out the night before and yesterday the whole day- so you could say we were out of it. It had just rained and we were on a narrow road that ran against a view of the water. She decided- for the fun of it- to drive her Ford Escape through a massive puddle. Then, since the front windshield was wet she put on the windshield wipers. We were both too sleepy to notice that the windows were open until we started getting wet and had to dry it up with a stuffed animal and our purses.

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha! That's really funny! I forgot that one time I went through the car wash and had forgotten to put up my back windows. Let's just say that I was super clean that day lol! I won't do that again!!! ;)

5. pr

pr New Member

:lol:

6. pr

pr New Member

Hehe... :lol: :lol:

7. pr

pr New Member

I have done this too... :oops: I prepared some sandwitches that I was going to eat the day after, but instead of putting them in the fridge I put them in my backpack. I first realised it the day after when I couldn't find them in the fridge. :lol:

8. pr

pr New Member

Is that possible? :shock:

9. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Don't see why not. Another dad who had been in the Army Rangers, where part of the training was to push you to your limits (a father of a Ranger told me that they routinely have fatalities during training), said that the main reason for the cadence calls while marching was to make sure everyone was still awake. They would fall asleep while marching and continue to march. Though they couldn't react to orders to halt or to change direction.

When I was attending summer school just before my last year in high school, I would spend the break times asleep. While standing up-right. Not even leaning on anything. I also had a habit in that summer's class (civics and economics) to fall asleep in class while sitting upright.

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yes. People have all kinds of sleeping disorders. Some don't get them until later on in life and for all different reasons. How do I know? I watched a news report about it earlier just this week in fact lol!!! ;)

I have something that I wasn't to sure as to where to put it, so I'll put it here. My parents are leaving to go back to Philly today. Anyways, they started to hear a beeping sound last night about 3:30. I didn't wake up until my step-dad started messing with the fire alarm. Well, he was actually testing it lol.

Anyways, my step-dad drove to Wallgreens, a gas station, and then finally to Wal-Mart to pick up some batteries for the fire alarms, because you have to change all of them for our system and not just one. Well, this morning when I finally woke up, my step-dad said that it wasn't the fire alarm that was making the beeping sound. It was my mom's cell phone. It was her voice mail ring that went off at that time of night... not the fire alarms lol.

I should have questioned it, but we were all so tired from family stuff last night that none of us thought of it. Now, I could hear the beeps, but I have really good hearing. I can hear a pin drop three rooms down from me etc. just so you all know lol. So, I heard the beeps, but I was like... I wonder why none of the rooms close to me are beeping as well lol. Well... duh lol!!!

So, that's been my morning! My parents are gone until Christmas lol. I need to go and get a hair cut and things today since it's my day off, but I'm to tired to go now lol!

Oh and one more thing... you really should change your fire alarm batteries every six months and not wait for them to go off. It's been over a year and a half now, so I have a feeling someone was reminding me to do something lol! I wonder what that could be lol??? :rolleyes: :p

11. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I've done #5 once, because I slept through and was running super late.

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

You made me feel better, because at least I'm not the only one lol! ;)

13. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I can only assume that he must have been tired that morning. One drill weekend, a reserve sailor shows up in his working blues. With a white belt. For the uninitiated, that is so far out of uniform that it screams at you from across the parking lot (which is how I had spotted him), and yet he was oblivious to it. Until he got inside the reserve center, I'm sure (I didn't get in the building until afterwards).

14. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Waking up and walking like a zombie to your toaster that you got at a garage sale for 50 cents, putting bread in and pushing down the lever, walking to your shower and stumbling in, and then smelling smoke and hearing the fire alarm, cuz you forgot that your cheap-knat toaster needs you to watch it and manually pop up the done toast and now it's burning (even though you've been making toast this way for close to a year now), swearing, jumping out of the shower, running through your apartment wet and naked and mad, getting some scissors out of the cupboard because the alarm won't stop no matter what you wave at it or how you fiddle with it. climbing up on a wooden chair (still wet and naked and now on wood and holding metal scissors), opening the fire alarm and cutting the two wires that are hardwired into the electrical system, only to be freaked into paralysis after the electric POW of the severed cords vaporizes three little holes into the steel of the scissors... Somehow leaving you alive. And still wet and naked and mad, only now you're itchy and cold and shocked, too. And still hungry. And still tired. And the shower's still running.

1 person likes this.
  15. thespina13

thespina13 New Member

Or when your eyelid won't stop twitching and you look in a mirror and notice that that eye, when it twitches, looks like the eyelid is half dead and you look a bit like the phantom of the opera or something.

Or, you think of a million "you know you're tired when"s, but after you've typed the first one you can't remember any of the other ones, only to remember one or two again while you're getting some juice from the fridge and have to run back to the computer before you've forgotten and post once again.

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Oh I laughed so hard when reading your post!!! It was the funniest thing (although, I'm sure not to you at the time) that I have read in a long time lol!!! :p

17. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

How about driving alone on a long car trip, stopping at a fast food joint to use the bathroom, pulling back on the one-piece jumpsuit I'm wearing, zipping up the pants, and not realizing until I'm out the bathroom door that I haven't buttoned the top part!

18. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

When I'm tired I have trouble speaking properly. My tongue gets heavy.

19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

It's so funny. My last two x's and I loved to talk. My x and I talked for nine hours one night. You could about imagine the conversation we were having. I don't think that any of it made any sense at this point of time. Then the guy I saw before him loved to talk as well, and we talked for seven hours one night. All I remember is that we started off by talking about work, and we ended up talking about aliens. Don't ask how, because I'm not an alien kind of girl!!! :mrgreen: All I know is that he loved sci fi, and he would draw, and write scripts etc. He was a very talented artist. But that's all that I remember! :D My mom is like... where do you find these men lol? ;)

20. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I wanted to add a new you know you're tired when to the list lol. You know you are tired when you wake up at 8:30 p.m. thinking it is 8:30 a.m. and you have to check the computer like I just did to see what day it is. ;) Lucky for me I didn't get up like how I do in the morning and go to my scheduled Monday morning appointment at 11 lol. I thought too that maybe it was storming outside, because I wondered why it was so dark to be 8:30 in the morning lol.