Dancers Anonymous > You know you are tired when...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by SPratt74, Jul 24, 2006.

1. lynn

lynn New Member

......when i don't remember the url for DF :shock:!!

1 person likes this.
  2. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

:doh:

3. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

That's what the pull-down combo box on the Address line is for. My fear is having to remember my username and password if the forum should ever forget it.

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

You find yourself sitting in a bathroom stall (at work) and wondering why you're there, because you've realized that you don't need to use the bathroom. And then you look down and see that you've placed your office water bottle on the floor.

Apparently, I got up to get myself some more water and just auto-piloted myself into the ladies room. I guess the caffeine hasn't kicked in yet. Speaking of which...

You know you've got a caffeine problem when you have to set down your large coffee on the street vendor's little ledge so you can fish out two (24 oz) bottles of Diet Mountain Dew. And that's for before lunch...

1 person likes this.
  5. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

.... you type dance-forums.NET by mistake and have a panic attack when you get an error message about the URL.

6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! My step-dad almost goes into panic attacks if his mailbox doesn't open. I had to deal with that a lot this summer when my parents were here lol. I go into a panic attack though if my Yahoo mailbox doesn't open, because that's the first place I ever look on the Web lol! So, I understand, but it's funny to know I'm not the only one that gets into panic attacks even though you know it's just the Internet lol! ;)

7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Many moons ago, while I was in college, I worked in a Pizza Hut for a while. For some reason, I usually wound up being the closing shift supervisor, which among other things meant it was my responsibility to count the money and do the books every night after closing and cleanup. This usually made me the last person out, and generally it was around 3:00 AM when I finally walked out the door and locked it behind me.

One night, the end of a very busy Saturday night, I had a puzzle over the books because the cash in the drawer didn't balance. There was one other employee finishing up, so I quickly figured out the bank deposit and gave the bag to him to drop off. He left, and I went to work on the balance sheet. (As I recall, the problem eventually showed up as having been a purchase that someone had inadvertently rung up as a "Paid Out".) Anyway, it was about 3:30 by the time I got it straight and left.

Because it was so late, I figured I'd get some caffeine for the drive home. I poured myself a large Pepsi and headed out to the car. Now, the reason I got a large one was that I knew that the cup fit perfectly between the spokes of my steering wheel. (Back then, built-in cup holders were unheard of.) So I jammed it in there and headed home. Where I was living at the time, I had to drive up a steep, curvy hill to get there.

Halfway up the hill, as I rounded a blind corner, a huge possum ran out into the road in front of me! I was so tired I didn't see it until it was too late to brake. I whipped the wheel to one side to avoid it... and 24 ounces of ice-cold Pepsi dumped in my lap! Yes, it got me awake... but not the way I intended! :shock:

8. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Could'a been worse. Piping-hot coffee.

9. onthegostudio

onthegostudio New Member

Not sure if this one has been said but i know i'm tired when im driving home and i dont remember the ride.

10. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

When you wake up sitting at your desk at work and wonder how you made it from your bed to your chair through rush hour traffic while still, apparently, asleep.

11. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I know I was tired today when I managed to get up out of my room and walk towards all the other rooms in the house with no reason and then back to my room again lol. I must have felt the need to exercise or something, because I don't know why else I did that lol.

12. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

When you get in the subway to go to university, and there's a station called "University", only it's referring to a different university. And you get off (should I say sleepwalk?) and it takes you about 5 minutes to realise it's the wrong station.
    When I'm sleepy, I'm sleepy. :rolleyes:

T_E

13. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I had to pull this thread back up today. I've barely had any sleep in the past three days, and I guess that it's catching up with me. I put in my contacts earlier this morning, or I had thought that I did, when I realized later this afternoon that they weren't in my eyes at all. I must have thought that I had put them in, but I had later found them both on my bathroom floor lol. It's ok, that's why you have extras lol. It was just funny, because I was like... why can't I read this like I should be able to lol?

14. Peaches

You know you're tired when it takes until you're sitting your car to go to work to realize that you're not wearing a crucial piece of clothing. Like, underwear or a bra.

That wasn't today, but it's happened, and I've missed the train b/c of it.

15. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Lol! Unfortunately for me, I don't find that stuff out until after I get to my destination lol! ;)

16. Peaches

OMG!!

17. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

;)

18. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

You know you are tired when you try to unlock your home by pressing even harder on the remote that unlocks your car.

19. Medira

Medira New Member

You know you're tired when you wake up in the morning, pick the book up off of your face, then spend 20 minutes trying to clean the text of the paragraph you were reading off of your cheek where the book had been resting all night long. :oops:

20. chandra

chandra New Member