Salsa > You know you have improved when.......

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by salsachinita, Nov 15, 2004.

1. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

You know you have improved when:

- You get asked to dance more often than you do asking for dances.

- You no longer feel intimidated.

- You watch salsa clips & go: "yeah, I should be able to do that." intead of doing :shock: ......

...............it's a great feeling, isn't it :eek: ?!

Would anyone else like to share theirs.....?

2. motardmom

motardmom New Member

When I danced with a lead I hadn't danced with in a while and I hit everything he lead and he had the hugest grin on his face and was totally 'into' the dance.

Yeah. That was great. 8)

When I read this, my brain processed this: "You want salsa & chips..."

*geez* I think I'm missing Mexican food right now. :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

By the end of the night you've been asked to dance more times than the DJ has played songs. :tongue:

When the only rest you get is in the bathroom hiding.

When people run your way when their fav song goes on.

When folks bring their friends to the club specifically to dance with you.

When you are asked if you dance ballroom because your lead is too good and too smooth to be street.

When other dancers want to know where you learned to dance.

When a fellow leader asks his partner if your lead feels as smooth as it looks.

When the male in a couple brings his girlfriend up to you to dance with.

Last but not least.
    When the song ends and the girls wisper to your ear "I finally danced with you", don't forget me in the future.

When stuff like the above mention happen once you are happy, but when they happen every night, then you start to think to yourself... hey, i might be alright after all. :mrgreen:

4. Tasek

Tasek New Member

* When girls introduce their non-dancing friends to you and tell them, 'dance with him, he's good'.

* When people look and point at you, and they're NOT laughing.

5. squirrel

squirrel New Member

When students of other schools come to you with their non dancing friends and say "I want to introduce X to you... (s)he is looking for an instructor and I think you are the best!" :shock: :shock: :shock: (makes one wonder why they don't come themselves!)

When beginners/intermediate dancers refuse to dance with you when invited saying "Oh, no, you intimidate me! You're too good and I will bore you!" and if they accept, they stick to doing the basic (even your students, whom you have just taught a complicated pattern during class and congratulated them in how well they did it! :shock: :shock: :shock: ) even when encouraged!

When people try the hardest moves they know just to check if they can lead an advanced dancer through them! :lol: :lol:

When people come to you and say "It's been a joy and a privilege to watch you and your partner dance!" or clap their hands at the end of the song! :shock: :shock: :shock:

6. sunderi

sunderi New Member

You watch your comp video and actually think, "Hey, that part was pretty good!" :-D

7. Danoo

Danoo New Member

- you get more confident ask ask more people to dance
    - you dance with somebody and they come back to you ask ask for another

8. danceguy

danceguy New Member

After a really good dance a group of people start clapping that you had no idea were watching...then one of them comes up and says "I loved the way you dance, may I dance with you?". :D

When you can dance with someone that intimidates you...and after one dance they want to dance with you again. :wink:

When you approach a lady you want to dance with...and before you say a word, she jumps out of her seat and you just start dancing.

9. clave

clave New Member

When a person who's been working with you for a long time turns out to be a closet salsera, shows up at a club out of the blue, dances with you a couple of times, and from that day on shouts "Heeey!" and hugs you every time you meet in the hallways. :lol:

10. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

... when everybody follows that move almost nobody used to follow. :wink:

... when your partner makes excuses every time you make a mistake. :roll:

11. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

... when you feel happier dancing?

12. Pat

Pat New Member

- when a great follow I hadn't danced with in months mentioned that my lead had improved a lot
    - when I was no longer intimidated by good follows
    - when I started enjoying the dance instead of worrying about the patterns. It took me 1 year to get there, but it was worth it.

13. MapleLeaf Salsero

MapleLeaf Salsero New Member

When a lady who backleads with other guys, follows your lead. :lol:

14. MapleLeaf Salsero

When an advanced salsera starts shaving while dancing with you for the first time.

15. MapleLeaf Salsero

When you wear a salsa T-shirt from some foreign Salsa congress. :wink:

16. MapleLeaf Salsero

When a Cuban you have never seen before asks you for a dance.

17. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Now that you say this... it reminded me of the time a couple of people had a bet going that I was cuban. The poor guy was so heart broken when he found out that he had just lost money! lol... Poor thing... I'm rican I said, he replied... I thought only a cuban could move like that... :) that was rather nice of him.

18. MapleLeaf Salsero

Sorry, I mistyped. I meant "shaking" and not "shaving". :oops:

19. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Wow, and here I was really impressed! :wink:

20. tj

tj New Member

The question is: razor or electric?

:wink: