Salsa > You know you have improved when.......

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by salsachinita, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Sobrero

Sobrero New Member

Well I am still a beginner and I certainly do not have your experiences so:

You know that you have improved when:

- you can dance without thinking about every little thing you do
    - more people, who are not your teachers, ask you to dance with them:D
    - you help someone worse than you realize his/hers mistakes ( I always feel better after that :wink: )
    - you start feeling more confident with the way you dance
    - people compliment you on your progress
    - you can actually follow all the leads of your partner during a whole dance :shock:

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

When you can teach?

When people point you out when a friend says she does not know how to dance...

3. Sobrero

Sobrero New Member

Yeah right! As if I you are the only reason I joined DF!!
    With all those wonderful people in here it wasn't too hard for me to be persuaded :lol:

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

*sigh* I feel you, sista. :wink: :D

Twilight Elena

5. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

... :eyebrow:

Twilight Elena

6. Medira

Medira New Member

Warmfuzzy moments that happened this weekend:

- When you walk across the floor to ask one of the regulars to dance and he greets you with a genuine "Thank you so much!" after you ask.
    - When you're invited to go out dancing socially with some of the students who have been at the studio for a lot longer than your measely 3 months
    - When you're out dancing socially with said people, including some from a different studio and one of the leads you've just met tells you how impressed he is by your skill level for having only danced for such a short time
    - When the dance with one of the more advanced dancers finishes without missing a lead and he tells you "Congratulations, you just finished a full silver swing!" -- and you're only working at an associate bronze level

7. RugKutta

RugKutta New Member

- When after dancing with you, your partner tells you "Thank you!!! You make me look so good!" (after which I immediately reply with "It's not that hard to do that..." That always makes them smile :wink: )

8. Josh

Josh Active Member

... you're losing friends and gaining new ones because your old ones are too "cool" to salsa dance. :)

9. Claire_Brummell

Claire_Brummell New Member

When you dance with a teacher that you admire / respect / have studied under at a club and THEY get a big grin on their face (and not because you nearly tripped up! :wink: ) - the first time this happened to me I felt exhilerated - because not only was I enjoying it, but they were too! :D

Oh and the other one for me was being told that I had to be from Puerto Rico on the Thursday and from Columbia the following Sunday because of the way I danced (I am blonde with skin the colour of tippex and blue eyes...not your average puertorican look-alike!) :lol:

10. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

forgive the dumb American... what is tippex?

11. cl5814

cl5814 New Member

Tippex = white out

12. Claire_Brummell

My apologies - should have catered for our multi-cultural audience :wink: - I meant that I have very pale skin! :D

13. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Here we call it tipp-ex

14. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

well the context was obvious but the comparison was not to me. I'll say that my mom is the color of Tippex and I am a shade darker, but people are always surprised when I say my mom is even paler than I am.

15. Claire_Brummell

LOL - Well I'm the palest in my family - I have a sister with skin that is just the right tone to tan nicely going a beautiful golden brown, where I go from white to scarlet and right back to white with not much pause in the middle! :?