Dancers Anonymous > you know your addicted to shoes when...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by chandra, Jun 30, 2005.

1. chandra

chandra New Member

You go to the car wash to clean your car because of an incident with rain, (i have an inch or so of water in the bottom) You take your dance shoes out of the back seet and are about to throw them in the trunk so theyll be safe from further ragin storms.
    As you are putting them in, you *notice* that the bottoms are really cruddy. So you pull out your brush, sit down on the trunk, and start cleaning them, right in the middle of the vacuuming center at the car wash. You continue to do this for half an hour or so, till you deem them sutable. Then you go back to cleanign your car.

(you have two pairs of shoes in your car, plus a brush to clean them)

8)

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Well, gee, I don't do that, but I have 6 shoe "closets" which are presently full...

3. chandra

chandra New Member

I think that counts :wink:

4. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Hmm... Looks like I need to "up" my love of shoes. I just keep my normal everyday shoes on a shelf in the garage and my dance shoes in a special cabinet in my soon to be dance closet.

5. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

I always clean mine after a session :) Even going as far to put them in their original boxes with all packaging as they left the factory :lol: :oops:

6. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

I'd say much more than shoe addicition, you have a passion for caring for your shoes. :wink: And why not...they can get to be pretty expensive. :D

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Ditto the above. Since it is super-humid here, we have to put little dessicant boxes in our shoe closets & clothing wardrobes and drawers. (I also have a vast collection of clothing...) This is in addition to bug-repellent packs which have to be changed each season. It is not only time-consuming, but the stuff is pretty expensive if you are using large quantities of it...

8. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Shoe closets!!! I haven't seen those since I visited my inlaws.... Ahhhhhhhhh wish I was back "home" again....

9. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yeah, if you are in a culture where they customarily remove footwear at the door, it makes total sense! I have all of my shoes in the entry hall, and only like 3 pair are in boxes. (It's better to let them ventilate.)

10. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

*giggle* All of my closets are shoe closets. :roll: :lol:

11. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Yeah - we remove ours at the door too. I have a drop-door shoe thingy that we put most of them in (like dress shoese) and then the remainder go under the console radio bench thingy on a tatami mat. Our dance shoes are in dance shoe bags under our shoe-putting on bench in a basket. 8)

12. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

My entry-way closet is full of shoes. Nothing cultural or religious. Just trying to keep the carpet clean. But then, most of my other closets are full of shoes, too. Hmm... :roll: :lol: