Dancers Anonymous > You Know Your Day's Going Downhill When--------

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Phil Owl, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

You see THIS in the grocery store:

[​IMG]

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Scary!

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Fill this clueless semi-American in- the pic looks like a sibling of Michael Moore...(I am familiar with PAUL Newman's stuff, but who's THIS guy?)

4. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

This Newman is Seinfeld's nemesis from his show. Pretty funny character to us Seinfeld fanatics. :)

5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Oh, yeah, it DID look a little familiar! We had Seinfeld re-runs over here a few years back. :oops:

6. Phil Owl

And good news for Seinfeld fans, the first THREE seasons are being released on DVD very shortly (in the coming week I think). :D :lol:

RE: Newman: Newman (played by Wayne Knight) was Jerry Seinfeld's arch-nemesis, an evil, conniving mailman whose friendship with Kramer caused him considerable consternation in addition to Newman's antagonism of him. Newman's first name was NEVER revealed in the series.

RE: The bottle of "Newman's Own": In the US, actor Paul Newman started a food products business called "Newman's Own" and set it up so that the sales would go to charities of Paul Newman's choosing. The business has done VERY well for itself (a good quality product sure doesn't hurt).

7. Bob

Bob New Member

You know your day is going downhill when the doctor says:

The good news is that we are naming the illness after you!

8. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

-When your arrive at the dance school 5 mins late, realise you've got the wrong shoes on, spend a whole lesson trying to dance with the shoes, can't get the new figure the teacher is showing you, get out, realise it's raining and you ain't got an umbrella, and when you get home all wet and tired, realise you've forgotten your earrings at the school.
    And that's happened to me!

Twilight Elena

9. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

But now you are at home, can get dry, can enjoy some nice food, can live to see a better day tomorrow...? You can call dance school and see if they can find your earings and keep them for you. Then next time you go back they will be there. Things are already getting better, no?.

10. hennessy0274

hennessy0274 New Member

You know your day is going downhill when...

this is how you start your day...
    [​IMG]

11. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

When the weatherman on Saturday says that the high temps for Monday and Tuesday will be in the forties. On Sunday night they say the high will be in the thirties. And you wake up on Monday morning and the predicted high is 17!

12. Phil Owl

That sounds just like the last winter I was in Boston, man that was BRUTAL!!! (3 blizzards in Dec 2003 and January was nothing but frigid low double or single digit cold!)

13. Swingolder

Swingolder New Member

Makes me wish I could be out tap dancing in the grass someplace with my sisters instead of shivering here.
    <--------------- see avatar.

14. Pacion

Pacion New Member

I saw a "fly on the wall" programme tonight about a particular "no frills" airline here in the UK. One flight was going from London to Nice. As it was getting closer to Nice, the fog was so bad, the plane was going to be put in a holding pattern (circling) for about 45mins. The plane did not have enough spare fuel for this so it was diverted to another airport to get some fuel. So far so good...

The plane lands at the other airport and the airline does not have arrangements for refuelling. The only way the captain can get fuel is... to pay cash (£1,000 or the US dollar equivalent at today's exchange rate is roughly $1,800) or pay by credit card. He does not have a company/corporate card and does not want to use his personal card.

I missed the next bit but I think the pilot finally managed to arrange with the fuel supplier at the airport for some sort of guarantee from the airline's finance director to be accepted (this is of course only after the refuelling truck drove off after the driver realised that the pilot was unable to pay for the fuel with one of the two "accepted" means of payment).

(Oh, and someone for another flight discovered that she had left her passport at home! Her brother brought it for her with literally minus seconds to spare. )