Ballroom Dance > Dancing on TV > you know you're a DTWS addict when.....

Discussion in 'Dancing on TV' started by alemana, Jan 13, 2006.

1. alemana

alemana New Member

1. you bail on a salsa class to watch the show.

2. you consider asking your ballroom coach to reschedule a lesson (a request you have NEVER MADE because you LOVE DANCING) to watch the results show.

3. you ORDER A FREAKING POSTER from the abc site.

4. your friends know to ask you about the show IMMEDIATELY when they see you, because inevitably you'll bring it up immediately anyway.

2. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

my friends know better than to come near me because they'll get stuck in a conversation they ultimately want out of. i also don't answer the phone, or if on the phone, hang it up promptly when the show starts.

the next thing i see coming is our little weekly "chat-a-thon" during the show. i'm actually really looking forward to it!

3. alemana

alemana New Member

5. you get REALLY DEFENSIVE about "skating with celebrities" as if they STOLE YOUR IDEA for the show.

4. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

oh dear, you are sort of right about this one.

5. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

Now I just have to convince the BF that I need the TV and the computer both! Usually he goes on the computer when I watch DWTS.

The words "my show" actually came out of my mouth! I used to be a NO TV type.

6. alemana

alemana New Member

6. you consider, for the first time in your life, buying a TIVO. you never watch tv, but you consider the TIVO anyway.

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I dont even watch either and I feel that way:rolleyes:

8. star_gazer

star_gazer Active Member

ditto...

Also, left Costco without finishing shopping. Missed the first dance anyway.

9. RhumbaWaltz

RhumbaWaltz New Member

You know you're a DWTS addict when:

You reschedule dinner with a good friend you haven't seen in months to Thursday at 6:30 (no one in New York eats dinner at 6:30) at a restaurant close to your apartment and then keep looking at your watch during dessert. You do this so you can watch a tv show and chat online with people you've never met.

10. Big10

Big10 Member

...when you notice there's a typo in the subject line for this thread.;)

Why schedule anything for a Thursday night over the next couple of months anyway? I told a couple of people that "I might have to work late" just to get out of potential early-evening commitments for yesterday....

11. Laura

Laura New Member

The TiVo has actually lessened my addiction. I went out for sushi last night, got home late, and at this point have only watched as far as George Hamilton's Quickstep. I'll probably watch the rest tomorrow or something. It's freeing -- I've got other things to do, and I know I can go do them and not miss anything because it will just be there waiting for me on the TiVo.

And plus you get to "instant replay" as much as you like (and fast forward through commercials).

12. fascination

do you know how far it is from my tv to my computer????/must get them on the same floor soon....running up and down the stairs at commercial break is not in my diet and exercise plan:rolleyes:

13. standardgirl

standardgirl New Member

Couldn't find anywhere for a poster at the DWTS site. Where did you order the poster?

Okay, I am officially addicted to DWTS now......

14. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

Laptop, You need a laptop.

15. fascination

you are so right

16. fascination

and I have a wallpaper idea already....:cool:

17. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

You know you are a DWTS addict when...
    The neighbors think you are a football fan shouting about the game.

18. scotttocs

scotttocs Member

computer "wallpaper" or Wall-wallpaper?

19. fascination

computer...see tony thread:cool:

20. dressgirl

dressgirl New Member

You know you are an addict when you are at the US Figure Skating Championships in the stands holding your cell phone waiting for the call to come in as to who was dropped. And then you squeal "yes" when you find out it was Tatum (sorry Nick - but I think its for the best - she's nuts) and then you immediately tell a bunch of people who don't even know what the show is. Coming home to the ballroom world tomorrow.:)