Dancers Anonymous > You know you're a geek when ...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Dec 1, 2004.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

You think about the physics when you're on that huge roller coaster at the amusement park. :oops: :lol:

2. tj

tj New Member

I certainly *feel* the physics when I'm on aforementioned ride!

(You can't spell geek w/o "EE"!)

3. pygmalion

LOL! Normal non-geeks don't call that physics, my friend. They call it excitement, or fun, or even nausea. :roll: Only geeks call it physics. I guess you (okay ... we) qualify! :lol:

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

But that's normal, isn't it? Everybody does that, don't they?

Note:
    Years ago on Barney Miller, a genetic engineer came in to reclaim a container of DNA that had been stolen from his lab (or to report the theft; I forget which). The writers of the show had the cops react with total and complete ignorance so that the character would have to explain to them -- for the dumb audience's benefit -- what DNA is. I complained about that at work, that they had such a low opinion of their audience. I mean, everybody knows what DNA is. And I had to be reminded that, no, not everybody knows what DNA is, since most of the audience had completed high school biology before 1960, the year that DNA was discovered.

5. pygmalion

I loved Barney Miller!!

At any rate, it looks like the DF geeks (there are many, and I know who you are :lol: ) aren't ready to fess up, yet. :wink: :lol:

6. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I work with computers, but I certainly wouldn't call myself a computer geek. I only know as much as I need to know to do my job and I stay as far away from a computer as I can when I'm not at work!

But then I do have an insatiable thirst to know how things work. I suppose that alone puts me in the "geek" category.

OK I fess up!! :oops:

7. pygmalion

Hmm. Somebody around here is honest. :wink: :D

8. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

And I love watching science related shows on the TV, love anything to do with space and how the human body / mind works. And then there's my preoccupation with sci-fi shows .......

Maybe I should shut up now, getting geekier by the minute. :shock: :lol:

9. Bob

Bob New Member

I know that I am a geek when I am talking on the phone about Half-Life 2, while messing with my firewall, and screw up my iptables and lock myself out of my server!!

:headwall:

10. NeoDevin

NeoDevin New Member

I'm majoring in mathematical physics... I think that alone makes me a geek. Other than that, I have been known to read both math and physics books just for entertainment.

11. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Sometimes I do feel like a geek... especially when people around me seem to be lost in space about a certain issue and I say to myself "Gosh, it's so obvious! It's easy!"... I feel like a geek sometimes even here... :oops: :oops:

I used to be a total geek before I discovered Salsa! Now I am on the right track...of curing! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12. Sabor

Sabor New Member

definitely not a geek here..
    a freak tho.. well.. maybe lol

13. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Hmmm, you sound as if you might be my long lost twin sister... :roll: :lol:
    (even though I already have a twin brother... maybe we are triplets :lol:)

14. tj

tj New Member

(psst... so how do you like Halflife 2?)

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I'm definately a geek. Always have been. :D :wink:

16. Bob

Bob New Member

HL2 rocks!
    :twisted:

17. pygmalion

Yepper! I knew some geeks would come out of the woodwork eventually. :lol: