Dancers Anonymous > You know you're addicted to the forums when ...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Sep 21, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Come on, kids. I know there are a bunch of forums addicts out there. What made you realize YOU had the bug? :lol:

2. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Hmm...I guess it would be the constant nagging ich to logon and see if any new posts have been added....even if it's only been an hour or two since my last visit.

This place is SOOOOO addictive! :D

3. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

An hour or two??? Hell, if I'm even in the same room as my computer I feel like I need to check every 5 minutes! Its the first thing I do when I wake up, the last thing I do before I leave the house, the first thing I do when I walk back in the door, and the last thing I do before I go to bed! :shock:

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I'm not addicted... I can stop any time I want to! :lol: :lol:

5. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

when I have it on my to do list to check all new posts..

6. pygmalion

I'm with SD. If I'm in the house, then the computer is on. If it's on, then I'm checking the forums every few minutes, just to see who's on, or if there are any new posts. Yesterday (Sunday) was kind of disappointing. I guess everybody else had a life, but I didn't. Not much posted. :( :cry:

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Don't you all have something better to . . . "WAIT, WAIT, WAIT" . . . someone just responded to one of of my posts . . . get back to you in a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

8. dancer at heart

dancer at heart New Member

hehe......I guess I discovered that I had become an addict when I check the forum before I check my email whenever I get a chance..... :eek:

9. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

oh yeah.... e-mail.... I'll be right back

10. pygmalion

Oh my goodness. The local area network I have set up in my house went down last night (right in the middle of my composing a long and complicated post :evil: )

And you know what I thought? I thought oh no! I'm going to miss all the cool stuff happening in the forums! :cry: It never occurred to me that there might be something wrong with my computers or printers. I just wanted to get back in the forums. :shock:

I've got it bad. :lol:

11. d nice

d nice New Member

LOL. You all need a 12-Step program.

12. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

Suuure, point the finger d nice! I know you spend more time here than I do!

... and Jenn... you do have it bad!! :lol:

13. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

Do you need professional help, to get down to only logging on about 10 times a day? :?

Hope you get time for some dancing too :p

14. pygmalion

Any why would I want to cut back to ten times a day, when there's so much information, silliness, and high drama in the forums? Hmm? :lol:

And yes, I do dance. That's the only thing that always comes ahead of forum-watching. :lol:

15. dancersdreamland

Utter silliness, I say! :D Gotta love the forum family!!! :D

16. pygmalion

That's it! Sign me up for the twelve-step program. It's a perfectly nice Saturday afternoon, and I'm in the house staring at my computer screen. Enough is enough. Isn't step one something like admitting you have a problem, or seeking help from a higher power, or something? Help me out here, folks. :lol:

17. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I'm not even a week into this and I get anxious when I'm going to be away from an internet connection for too long. :lol:

18. dancersdreamland

I know, this is probably going to cause some shock...but I've been reading Harry Potter and haven't checked the Forum in like three days...gasp!!!

19. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

so you replaced one addiction with another... that's healthy!!

20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Do we allow other addictions here (except for dance addictions of course)? Just curious...