Dancers Anonymous > You know you're addicted to the forums when ...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Sep 21, 2003.

1. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

yeah, so am I....what's up with that?

p.s. Merry Christmas and123!

2. elisedance

elisedance New Member

I'd forgotten there was such a thread - in fact I just suggested someone should start one and then here it is again - Magic!

when checking virtual dance (DF) makes you late for real dance (practice) ...

3. meow

meow New Member

I would say I am addicted to this forum as I can't seem to stay away very long no matter what is going on in my life. But, I don't use any other forum so I think I am only addicted to DF and not forums, in general.

4. elisedance

elisedance New Member

when you spend your night going back through the forums replying to dear old threads that have been mislaid....

5. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

wait, isn't that when you're a mod on the DF forum? *grin*

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Mods are post-addiction. they are on the 7 Point Recovery Plan - that obviously failed...

7. elisedance

elisedance New Member

when you reply to yourself and feel oddly content....

8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

What does that make admins??? :shock:

9. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Admins ARE DF. You can't be addicted to yourself can you? :)

10. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I think it would depend on one's level of narcissism.

11. elisedance

elisedance New Member

well, maybe if you are as gorgeous as I am, perhaps but thats rare :roll:

12. waltzgirl

waltzgirl Active Member

. . . you check the "You last visited" counter to see how much sleep you've gotten -- because you're usually on DF last thing at night and with your first cup of morning tea.

13. Zhena

Zhena Well-Known Member

You know you're addicted to DF when you are at a dance camp, you're absolutely exhausted, you have a chance to take a nap, and instead you use the time to check for new posts on DF ... At least I restrained myself from writing anything, so I managed to sleep a little most afternoons, which enabled me to enjoy the parties until at least midnight every night. I was astonished at the number of people my age who lasted until the wee (or not so wee) hours of the morning and still showed up in class. Of course most of them were there more to socialize than to learn much new, but I'm a relative newbie so it was important to me to be functional in class ;).

I'm actually back home now, but getting ready for another camp before returning to work.

Edited to add: This is my post number 395. I'm going to try to keep track for a while ... I think my status changes from Bourgeois at number 400 ....

14. QPO

QPO New Member

Well I am not that bad, but I check as often as I can. I dont ahve time to do it at work and as I am out most nights of thewek I can only doing for a fuew hours about twice a week. but I want my post counts t0 rise to Demi God level, I on ly have a few years to go!

15. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Nope. You had it by 399.

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

...you'd be a millionaire if you had a dime for every time you've clicked "new posts"

17. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

when you've changed everything on the internet (ie: myspace, facebook, etc ....) to be ballroom related.

18. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

you bookmarked DF on your computer at work regardless there is company policy no personal websurfing allowed and check new posts on DF now and then using working hours

19. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

You keep checking New posts at work, and can't care less what your boss is saying. He can wait!! You are in a hot argument at DF. My boss came back and asked me if i have time for him now.

20. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

When your boss at works sees you on DF and tells you that apparently you don't have enough work to do. (Like what? Am I 5?)