Salsa > You might be a Salsero/Salsera if…

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by sbsalsera, Apr 7, 2004.

1. squirrel

squirrel New Member

:))) the above are very true... I've lied many times just to stay home on Fridays, for instance, 'cause I went Salsa dancing on Thursday (the best day to go Salsa dancing in my city) and I could barely keep my eyes open... coffee wouldn't help anymore... neither would RedBull... :))

2. danceguy

danceguy New Member

1. You vividly remember your first experience with Salsa and how you fell in love with it.

I think scared out of my skin would be a better term, but yes, I was hooked. ;)

2. When someone mentions the word “salsa”, you immediately think of the dance instead of the tomato-based sauce people dip their chips in.

Yup!

7. You get caught watching Salsa clips online at work.

No comment!

8. You never listen to the radio anymore because all you listen to are Salsa CDs.

Definitely!

9. All you friends will listen to when you go in their car is your Salsa CDs.

I made my friends listen to last time I drove to lunch! Ha! :)

10. When you listen to techno, hip hop, or other popular music, you try to find the beat of “La Clave.”

YES!

11. You cruise downtown blasting your Salsa music.

Well, I keep it down so I can hear it...;)

12. Your neighbors are wondering what the hell that is you are playing.

I'm sure they are...I have a habit of blasting Merengue and Bachata at odd hours...

13. You sneak out to your car during working hours just so you can listen to a few Salsa tunes.

No way, Salsastream baby! And my MP3 player. :D

21. Your family does not understand what you are ranting and raving about.
    Definitely. :(

25. You have lost 10 lbs. from dancing so much.

Yes!

29. You say you are going shopping for new business clothes, but you are secretly Salsa shopping!
    Of course!
    30. You start spending more money on Salsa clothes than work clothes.
    Yep!
    31. You own multiple pairs of dance shoes.
    Just one...I'm a guy (and not a metrosexual either!)

32. You dance Salsa in your dreams.
    Among other things. ;)

34. You practice turns when no one is looking.
    And when they look, I do this at work all the time.

35. You bust out into Salsa steps while waiting to use the restroom.
    And everwhere else for that matter!

38. You are the only non-latino in the Musica Latina section.
    Happens all the time!

39. You sing songs with words you don’t even understand.
    Yes.

41. You begin convincing everyone around you that they have to learn to dance Salsa.
    I do indeed!

43. You have searched and found EVERY Salsa club in town.
    And even inquired when there will be new ones!

44. Not only that, but you know who own them, who teaches where, and how much Salsa they play at each one.
    Pretty much.

45. You walk into a club and everyone there is like family to you.
    That's a stretch, but I've become a regular.

47. Club owners hate you because all you drink is the free water.
    Nope, I always buy orange juice, but the bartender knows me and when I walk up he always says "another OJ for you?" :)

48. Salsa lessons and club cover fees are now a permanent part of your monthly expenses.
    Darn straight!

49. You used to be shy, but you are becoming increasingly confident, popular, and willing to show off every chance you get!
    I'm not much into showing off, I dance...

50. You cannot imaging life without Salsa.
    Is there such a thing?

51. You would rather have Salsa than sex.
    Umm...well Salsa is the next best thing since I'm single...I'd do both if I could! :oops: :p ;)

52. You become non-productive because all you’re thinking about is the weekend and going Salsa dancing.
    Oh yeah...all the time...

54. You are on the web all day long visting Salsa sites (and posting on Dance Forums!)
    Guilty as charged...on many charges...

58. When someone says “Do a CBL,” you know what that means because you now speak Salsa-Code.
    Yes!

62. You start clearing space at home so you can practice Salsa there.
    I'm going to get a newer space to live with more space to practice!

66. Your shoes are worn out from spinning so much.
    My shoes are starting to fall apart!

70. You become jealous when watching your dance partner, whom you have had no relations with, dance with another person.
    Well...I do get jealous time to time watching one of my favorite people to dance with dancing with someone else..I'll admit it. :evil:

72. You quit watching TV.
    Never watched it in the first place. Huge waste of time!

73. You do you leg workout earlier in the week so you can have “fresh” legs for your Salsa weekend.
    Heck no...I work my legs everyday...big strong, sexy legs! Read em' and weep folks! :lol:

75. You decide the only man/woman you will marry has to be a Salsa dancer!
    No, I'm much more opened minded than that. Who knows what the future will bring. ;)

3. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

2. When someone mentions the word “salsa”, you immediately think of the dance instead of the tomato-based sauce people dip their chips in.
    Always doing a double-take in front of the supermarket salsa dip shelf.

10. When you listen to techno, hip hop, or other popular music, you try to find the beat of “La Clave.”
    My NDSHH (non-dancing, salsa-hating hubby) is sick of me saying "oh, you could salsa/merengue/cha cha to that one".

13. You sneak out to your car during working hours just so you can listen to a few Salsa tunes.
    No, I listen to them on my PC.

21. Your family does not understand what you are ranting and raving about.
    Pity them... they just don't know what they are missing.

31. You own multiple pairs of dance shoes.
    No, but I'm thinking about treating myself to a pair from Heavenly Dance Shoes for my birthday.

32. You dance Salsa in your dreams.
    Just last night, I was at this amazing new salsa club in my dream...

39. You sing songs with words you don’t even understand.
    Thinking about learning Spanish so I know what I'm singing...

42. You try your Salsa moves in a hip hop dance club with somebody who has never partner danced.
    Hey, why go to a hip hop dance club when you can go to a salsa club?

47. Club owners hate you because all you drink is the free water.
    I'm consciencious. I buy bottled water.

63. You install wooden floors in your house.
    I haven't but am thinking about it. Now, how do I persuade my NDSHH it's a good idea?

65. The only time you rest in the club is during the merengue breaks.
    I dance merengue. I don't rest. Period.

4. Sabor

Sabor New Member

when amongst the maze of people on the floor i can see their soul shine out loud .. even though they may be hidden in the corner here or there.. yet i'm enthralled at how beautiful they can be without effort.. all they got is love.. and apparently thats all they need. Love it first .. the rest comes easy :wink:

5. salsero-Romania

salsero-Romania New Member

Cool for sbsalsera

Excelent sbsalsera!......i'm happpy!
    In my life:
    1. All my password in my computer, mobil phone, credit card contains word such as: "salseros,salsa,salsera,dance,"
    2. All my frinds know thursday,friday and saturday night i'm in only salsa club in my town..and find me there.
    3. All my work colleagues and my boss knows that friday he can't talk me before 11 a.m. before i drink my coffee
    4. My friends invite me at parties and they know ....my life is salsa and music change immediately after i had joined their party
    5. My family and my friend never ask me" Where u go out this weekend?"they know where!
    6. In the last 3 years all my girlfriends dance salsa!...for me it's innaceptable a women "non-salsera"!
    7. In my town almost all clubs knows me and after i had entered the door ...dj change music with a music that sound almost salsa...latino-comercial....or any music with a rhythm "1,2,3...5,6,7"....and i started the show...:)) for 'non-salseros" people.
    8. I expect a ring tones for my nokia mobil phone with Clave :)))

Sorry again for my english language!

6. Vin

Vin New Member

when you get invited to parties the host tells you,
    "hey, bring the cool latin music"

You have practiced by yourself, in the shower(I can't beleive that's not there).

7. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Driving around with a personalised number plate "SALSA1" 8) !

Bought this car with "how many musicians/dancers/musical instruments can I fit in it.....?" in mind, in case we ever go on tour *again*.

:oops: Had perfectly datable guys walking away like this :roll: because of my addiction :oops: ........

Had people asking if I own the clubs :shock: .

Impossible to get through a day without running into at least one person whom I've met via salsa.

8. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Yeah, salsachinita, I know what you mean... sometimes I run into persons I've met in clubs or during classes... in the most weird places :)
    It's not always a good thing, 'cause sometimes I need my privacy :oops:

9. fuentedance

fuentedance New Member

I own a Dance Studio and i spend for salsa lessons and seminars more then i earn from my studio. Am i a salsiero????