Dancers Anonymous > You went out shopping and came back with what?!?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Pacion, Mar 11, 2005.

1. randomMysh

randomMysh New Member

I went to Old Navy for some basic tank tops and I walked out with two skirts and three shirts, none of which were what I set out to get. :oops: Rationale: "but I don't have any cute warm weather clothes!" Riiiight.

2. labelledanseuse

labelledanseuse New Member

Hmm... that doesn't work with me. I'm 15 and I wear my mom's clothes sometimes. I like some of her shirts and capris. Her pants don't fit me, though, because I'm about 3 inches taller than her and I weigh a little less. When I go shopping with my mom, she's usually showing me flirty clothes that would be good for dancing. :lol: :lol: I don't know how old your daughter is but it seems like she's going through a rebelious stage in her life where she's trying to be independent and she thinks parents are awful and embarrassing. :shock:

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I went out to see a student's koto concert(you know, the long, horizontal wooden multi-stringed Japanese instrument that produces a sound like a harp) yesterday and decided to drop by a shoe store in the arcade on the way home. I ended up with a $300 pair of "zori"(sandals which you wear with kimono). And that was on the LESS expensive end! I wear a huge size 8 1/2 and there wasn't much of a selection. The really cute colors/styles were in size 6 & 7, but were upwards from $400! :shock:

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I'm 17 and I'm lucky enough to be wearing almost the same shoe size as my mom, so I can borrow her heels! I also take her clothes from when she was 20-25 years old with an amazing body and cool outfits!
    I just bought a pair of gym trousers yetserday that weren't so necessary. Bad thing. :oops: :wink:

Twilight Elena

5. macha

macha New Member

Y'all are too high-dollar fer my blood.

We honkies go to Deals and Dollar Tree for our "Ludicrously Superfluous Purchasing Whims"...

Everything's a dollar or less, so I go in for batteries for my camera, come back out with poptarts, peppermints, and gumdrops for the horses, Shasta grape soda for me, two cellphone covers that probably won't fit- BUT THEY HAVE HORSES on them- and therefore needed "RESCUE", some ugly, silly little purse I won't use in a week... you get the idea.

Once I went to Texas strictly for business- and to buy a stuffed armadillo. I came back with a pony (not a stuffed one either). I was "underage" at the time, so I had to explain to my parents everything. I waited fifteen months to do that- in the mean time, he was hid out at a friend's place.

And, have you seen the shirt that says "I went out for beer and came back with your mom/the clap/etc"? I don't think I like that one as much as some I've seen though.

Crikey- it's 3:30... I should have been in bed... like... a half-hour ago...my brain starts to run out my ear if I don't get sufficient rest (I seldom get sufficient rest.... )

6. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

Your attitude is so much better than mine was!

I am absolutely gutted now that I turned down my mum's shoe collection. About 10 years ago she was having a clear out, and a load of beautiful, expensive shoes and boots that she bought in the 1970s went to a charity shop. She asked me if I wanted anything -- they all fit me but were no longer comfortable for her -- but at the time I was a feckless young thing and I didn't want any of her "old fashioned" stuff!

I still regret it to this day. Over the years I've thought about a pair of lovely Italian leather sandals with stacked heels that would have been so good to dance in. Oh, and those burgundy suede knee boots...

:doh:

7. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yeah. :( The decisions we make. Of course, when I was seventeen, my Mom was kind of umm... plump in the hips, so I could never wear her clothes. But still, she gave me some classic leather handbags from the fifties and sixties. I used them for a year or two, then tossed them. I'd love to have them now. :(

8. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

I did this just yesterday. Went out to the shops to buy some more dog food and came home with a digital camera! One of the local department stores was having a post-Easter sale, and, well, what's a girl to do? Just walk past a 40% off bargain?

Oh and yes I did remember the dog food!! :lol:

9. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Isn't this the regular way people shop??? :)

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: dancin_feet

11. macha

macha New Member

I'm bad about going into a store with one purpose- to buy popcorn, for example, and if they're out of what I want, I just "HAVE TO" buy something else- ANYTHING else. Eep.

So I got a big cherry coke, cornuts, and tator tots instead.

.. and a corndog, and a Napoleon Dynamite DVD, and circus peanuts for Zumi, but Cracklin' Oat Bran for Ickis... :shock:

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Things in Japan are so bloody expensive, I rarely leave the house with more than a few thousand yen in my wallet, lest I give into temptation when at the store. There's not much you can buy here with 3000 yen(about $30) except groceries... :?

13. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's what credit cards, debit cards and checks are for. You may buy nonsense, but at least you have a paper trail. :lol: :lol:

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Oh, that plastic! Although I don't have a problem with it, I have a LOT of friends with major credit card debts! In Japan, not many places accept credit cards, so it's kind of hard to get into that predicament!(It also sucks when I buy plane tickets and opera tickets and can't get the points for it on my mileage awards credit card! :evil: )

15. new-ish

new-ish New Member

I know what you mean. I bought the Cathay Pacific All Asia pass a couple of years ago and had a very good time for not alot of money until I got to Japan. I got an extreme case of sticker shock :(

What was worse was that there was soooo much cool stuff too.

16. dTas

dTas New Member

went out for new tires... came back with a new car (with new tires).

17. macha

macha New Member

I bought this :D

[​IMG]

You get extra brownie pents- oops, I mean points- if you know what it is and what it's for :wink:

18. Ms_Sunlight

Ms_Sunlight New Member

I'm sure that used to belong to someone else...

[​IMG]

:wink: :wink: :wink: