Dancers Anonymous > your 40th birthday

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by jenn, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Being more or less a complete loser, I've seen it much more recently, like on Friday nights when I don't have anywhere to go.... :lol:

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: Complete? :?

3. jenn

jenn New Member

awww...thats cute! but i think it ll require just a tad more than that! :wink:

happy birthday, dancingmommy and purr!!!

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I spent my 40th on the Hawaiian island of Kauai with my brother, mom and miscellaneous folks. Great booze, food, snorkeling and general lewdness. It was wonderful!

5. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

That might be kind of difficult. You're in New England, and I live in the Midwest. :(

6. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

Thanks! We had fun at Sea World (East Coast)

7. pygmalion

I heard from someone who's been to San Diego, San Antonio and Orlando that Orlando is the best of the three. 8)

Glad you had fun, DM. :D

8. lynn

lynn New Member

hmm, this thread has me seriously thinking about what i'm going to do on my 40th b-day.... maybe i should write down a wish list!

9. Edie

Edie New Member

40th birthday

My fortieth has long past, but my sister in law gave a beautiful surprise party for her husband some years ago. It was tricky, but she told him they were going away for his birthday for the weekend to a resort lake about two hours from the city where they lived, which they did. They spent Friday night and on Saturday she told him that she had a birthday picnic planned, and she had hired someone to boat them to a great picnic spot. They got in the boat with the picnic basket and were boating along the shore in front of a house with a deck right over the water. She said, "Look at those people waving honey!". She had rented a big "party house" right on the water and his entire family, and all his close friends were there on the railing of the deck waving and smiling. He came in for dinner and drinks and games and music. It took a lot of planning to get everyone up to the Lake, but it was worth it. He was completely surprised and crying when he got out of the little boat. He said, "I was just floating along perfectly happy with the thought of this little picnic on the shore and I looked up and everyone I loved was standing there waving at me".

10. pygmalion

Oh! That is so touching. 8) :D

11. jenn

jenn New Member

Re: 40th birthday

WOW! im sure that was a big task...maybe for a 50th... :lol:

what a sweet and thoughtful surprise!

12. Laura

Laura New Member

My fortieth birthday sucked. My husband was in India on business, and I was flat on my back in bed at home in California with pneumonia. No party, no cake, nothing but being sick of being sick and tired of being lonely. Well, my cats were there, and a friend came over to make me tea.

13. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Sorry. I've slept since then. Many times.

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I would look at the person whom you are planning this surprise for? Do they like big gatherings? Then something like what Edie did may be great. However, if the person prefers smaller gatherings of only the closest people in their lives then that's more along the lines of what you shoudl be think? What are their dreams? Can you incorporate fulfillment of one of these, or a step along the way in the celebration? I have discovered from experience the thought that goes into something like this "to connect" with the person who is being surprised is what matters, really matters. We all can give ideas, but really what works for me is to think about the person and from that my ideas spring from. I keep that in the back of my mind as something to consider and do my stuff and suddenly inspiration comes to me. Last x'mas I wrote some poetry and sent it to some friends and they liked it. To me that is 100 times better then a card as it took a lot of effort to share a piece of me, which is what I wanted to offer in thanksgiving for the holiday.

15. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

sagitta ...you are a gem...if i wasn't married I'd be chasing you down for responding that way...how wonderful