Funstuff and Inspiration > Your Bucket List

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by wonderwoman, Aug 11, 2009.

1. Me

Me New Member

* get married
    * dance tango
    * see Hawaii

All three in one day would be super!

2. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

Hey I guess you're getting married in Hawaii and dancing tango at the reception! :)

3. Me

Me New Member

Yes! That sums up my bucket list. Oh and champaign... oh and a chocolate fountain, too....

4. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

ooo hawaii... I may need to do that, sans marriage and chocolate, but with tango

5. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

I have a few concrete ones:
    - Learn to play the piano (tried once in jr. high, failed miserably)
    - Travel to every continent (4 down!)
    - Open a dance studio (a little naive, I know)

And a few more abstract ones:
    - Live up to my own expectations
    - Make peace with my mom

6. fascination

regarding the last item...I recommend the book; "one true thing" by anna quindlan

7. fascination

you might also find it will effect your view on being a parent as well...hug...

8. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Thanks for the recommendation

9. fascination

it was a very cathartic read for me...about a dynamic that I think you might relate to

10. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Hmmm...will have to look up that book and read it...

I've been racking my brains--which are kind of negligible at this point after this week--for things to put on my bucket list. Still can't come up with anything.

Then again, I never really have been able to come up with anything. My mom is big on having a bucket list, and making an effort to make things come true. I've never been able to come up with anything, really.

Got to keep thinking...

11. fascination

quit smoking...love, me

12. Peaches

LOL. Yeah, I suppose that would be on the list.

13. fascination

only because I like you

14. Peaches

Thanks. Ditto. :)

15. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

It doesn't have to be profound... or necessarily about making things come true. I think people view their bucket lists differently. It can be a guide to keep you moving toward goals and new experiences. Or it can be a reminder of possibilities. For me, it bounces back and forth between those, depending on how I feel and what's going on in my life.

16. Peaches

Yeah...and I'm just not a goal-oriented person in the least, nor do I really consider possibilities beyond the here-and-now.*

At this point, I'm more into just accepting what comes to me, and making the best of it and enjoying it for what it is. I think I used to have goals/dreams, but it's been such a long time, and I don't remember what they were or what it's really like.

*Major exception: driving/traveling places. I just want to get there. I'm not so much into enjoying the process of traveling. Unless it's specifically a road trip.

17. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I never tend to have much on my bucket list. The big things seem to just appear in my life. Ballroom, africa trip, working in kuwait, moving back to IL to be clsoer to family, buying my motorcycle, etc. Only one I really planned on was buying my house.

18. fascination

I guess for me my goals are abstract...they are about leaving more good than harm...about what others will have to deal with because of how I was to them...shrug...that is just what is on my mind these days...we are all at different places in our own very different lives...and that is a good thing, I think

19. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

That book. Oh, that book.

20. samina

samina Well-Known Member

for me, no long bucket or life list. some very crystal clear burning goals, intentions, purpose, and vision encompassing all the areas of my life that matter to me, with a certain hierarchy of focus. those are the things that matter for me. everything else falls into the category "wish"...until it gets bumped up to that central core of what i'm working to manifest.

i will say that buying my own home figures within that core set of goals. when i was a little girl, i would spend hours...days... designing in detail the layout of my dream home, and then furnishing it from scratch... and the spirit of that activity has been with me my whole life. manifesting that experience would certainly be in my bucket list "top 10".