Dancers Anonymous > Your coolest dancing "thing".

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by MadamSamba, Jul 3, 2004.

1. MadamSamba

MadamSamba Member

I was thinking about all the dancing "stuff" I own, from flarey skirts and diamonte-encrustes shoes to ballet posters and trophies, but my favourite dancing "thing" is a skirt that I own that looks fantastic, no matter how badly I might dance. It's like my good luck skirt and whenever I wear it, it's a great night.

I even have a "ballet" Barbie, despite not being Barbie's biggest fan...friends have cute dancing things, like a bag with "salsa" written all over it and a notebook with "tango" on it in sequins. What's your coolest dancing "thing"?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

My T-shirt that says,"Eat dancing. Sleep dancing. Live for dancing." It always gets lots of comments -- positive ones from dancers, uh.. less positive ones from non-dancers. I love it, regardless.

3. peachexploration

peachexploration New Member

Yup! My "Got Salsa", "Salsera" T-shirts do the same as well. Great ice-breakers. I also have this red blouse that turns me into Super Salsa Woman. :lol: :lol: I think it's more of the color red though. One of my favorites besides peach and white. :)

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

My dance shoes. The moment I put them on I'm transformed. :D

5. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

Yeah, I think I have to agree :D :D

6. dancin_feet

dancin_feet New Member

At the moment it's my dancing video of the performances at the ball in May.

7. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

For me, it would have to be my lacy trangular shawls with fringes, which I tie around my waist when wearing pants (never jeans!) for salsa.

I own a few colours to match the pants. I love the way they swish when I dance :wink: !

8. Sagitta

[Bolded words my emphasis.] Thank you. :)

9. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:nope: Out of context again :nope: !

What I mean is, while I love wearing pants AND jeans to salsa, the shawl thing only looks good over pants......and matching colour no less!

I've seen the shawl tied over jeans.....not a good look. It's definitely one of those add-one-sizes things :nope: .

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

My first pair of salsa shoes! The silver started to wear off of the heel, so I covered them in black & white leopard fur(fake, naturally)! They're really cute and I get lots of comments on them! (Where'dja buy those?) The shoes are so stretched out I have to put inserts under the ball of the foot, but I can still wear them! :D

11. Sabor

Sabor New Member

give'm poor shoesies a break fercryinoutloud!.. by the way, are they a 'Pleasehavemercy' brand? :lol:

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

They're "Elegance" and they are still wearable & cute!!!

13. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Sabor... the other avatar was far sexier! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Yeah, the half of the head of you partner is kinda creepy, too! :shock:

15. Sabor

Sabor New Member

changed.. :wink: this time not me by the way :lol:

16. squirrel

squirrel New Member

it is awful!!!!

17. Phil Owl

Phil Owl Well-Known Member

The shoes definitely do it for me.

Plus, I have a couple Championship Ballroom Dancing episodes on tape (1991, 1992) I like to look at every once in a while to get inspired.

18. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

My coolest dance things are:

The "gotta dance" pin and velvet-like AM shoe bag bag I got from AMFDS when I went from "intro" to "bronze" package (cheesy I know).

My ballroom purse (seen elsewhere on DF).

My ultra-cool Standard gown that I have yet to fit into, lol!

19. oh_the_humanity...

oh_the_humanity... New Member

My coolest "dance thing" would have to be the "Hello, my name is..." sticker with "Bonus Points!" written on it. Now, if only I could remember the particular feat (feet?) I accomplished to earn it...

(My dance teacher is almost as wacky as I am. I think I said something like "do I get bonus points for that?"--and so I did.]

20. Sagitta

It's cool that your dance teacher matches your personality. And welcome to df!