Dancers Anonymous > your deepest desire

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Mar 17, 2009.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

while I have specific dance goals that I would like to meet, there are other goals that I would like to achieve:

I would like to be a good friend...someone who really hears you and wants to help you toward whatever you aspire to...

I would like to be the kind of mom whose kids never feel alone and always know that their potential is unlimited

the kind of life partner who, as passion waxes and wanes, is always there to tell you how awesome you are and how limitless your potential is...

and what I would like before I leave is for someone to have found me to be more selfless than selfish...

for someone to have found me to have overcome my lack of talent for having had sheer determination to do something well

for people who found me tiresome to have forgiven my offenses and to have appreciated how much I loved them....

for someone to have loved me until it hurts and to have told me so

I am not sure that I will succeed.... or achieve anything at all..but I think it worth examining what one hopes

2. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

Great topic!

my deepest desire...to raise all my girls (foster daughters and my own) to be truly independent and self-sufficient, to know they are only limited by their own desires, to understand that they make their own place in the world.

3. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Give what I have to give and for it to be more than I take
    Fulfill my potential and not waste what abilities I have on the dessert air
    Be there for those that I care for and as much as I can those that I don't
    Stand up for what I believe in
    ....be remembered as a smile and a breath of fresh air

4. Laura

Laura New Member

Well, I don't want to go to my grave never having found love again. Being divorced and in my mid-40's things are not looking good these days, but I'm an irrational optimist too so who knows.

5. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I desire same thing for my son...

6. elisedance

elisedance New Member

spring chicken... ;)

7. QPO

QPO New Member

I feel the most important thing to give them in life is Good Self Esteem/Respect, with that gives them the strength to make the right decisions and not to be influenced by others.:notworth:

8. QPO

QPO New Member

I found love again in my forties.....If you put yourself out there and be avaialbe it will come your way. You are a beautiful women :) it will happen.

9. QPO

QPO New Member

My desire is that people are accepting of others despite their imperfections. Not being judgemental. It would be a peaceful place. Afterall we are all different.

10. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Would like to move back to my hometown and eventually I will.

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Can't claim the same history, but that's certainly at the top of my list.

12. 2totango

2totango New Member

I'm with you, Laura. Except that I don't know that I found love the first time around at this point. But, everything else is the same. Some days I wonder why I bother.

13. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

read "Raising our children, raising ourselves"

will address your other desires when I have time :)

14. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

When I reach the end of my life, I hope not to regret anything I've done or not done in my life.

15. LucyDiamond

LucyDiamond Active Member

ditto :)

16. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

Deepest desires...

Not sure, guess being happy and sharing that with others is all that comes to mind at the moment. I don't really set myself futuristic goals... just live each day as it comes like it's the last...

I would like to be with someone though in the future I love and who feels the same way... well, it would help :lol:

mid-40's? :confused:

Seriously, you look in your late 20's/early 30's if that's you in the pic...

17. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

aargh this is one of those threads which crashes my system:

fatal error; total system dump;/c/reboot failed

18. Laura

Laura New Member

Yes, that is me and that picture was taken about two months ago.

19. flashdance

flashdance Active Member

well, if they did year off coupons/vouchers I'd give you 15 :-D

Hope I still remain youthful looking when I reach me 40's... /puts head in hands and mutters something about getting old....

20. elisedance

elisedance New Member

Well I think you are exceedingly cute FD - though from your avatar I would have thought you could not even think about approaching 40; perhaps 1 month... :p