General Dance Discussion > Your dream outfit

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Pacion, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Pacion

Pacion New Member

If you could wear absolutely ANYTHING to dance in, money and body size/shape no object, what would you wear (including the colour) and why :wink:

What would you like your partner to wear, and why :D

2. johnnywalker

johnnywalker New Member

I'd like to try doing a Jive naked because I think it would be hilarious having 'stuff' just bouncing around everywhere....but seriously, anything comfortable for me; not into gaudiness, and overly tight fitting. I'm actually quite boring. I have a favourite pair of black pants which stretch and a comfortable short sleeved collared shirt (one in black, another in grey and also the same design in blue) which I tend to wear out.

3. dr daffy

dr daffy New Member

i'd wear a britney spears style outfit :wink: haha, i'm kidding... i'm not that kind of girl.

i'd probobly put myself in something really comfortable. i wouldn't really care what i'm wearing as long as i'm dancing. actually, i don't wanna wear anything heavy, lol. one time, for a tap dance, i was required to wear a dress that was a little too big and heavy for me. that wasn't a very pleasant dance, lol. so, yeah, anything that fits and is comfortable would work perfectly with me.

4. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: I have a desire to wear flowing dresses to dance salsa :shock: I know, very different from what women do wear to dance salsa but I guess, in a way, I just like the flow of the material :D

5. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Not so shocking to me, Pacion! I was actually going to say something along those same lines! Just once, and maybe more if it were successful, I would love to get a nice, sorta-tight, "little red dress," in a darker, more crimson color, with a short skirt (not terribly so, thought), that twirled up on spins. I'd wear black leggings, probably black, semi-strappy sandals, with a little bit that went around the back of my heel so that I had support there. I wouldn't want too many frills on the dress, and I'm not talking lace or anything, but maybe the general idea can be pictured? My two favorite silver bracelets, and either my cartouche that my Nana brought me back with she went to Egypt or one of my favorite Dragon necklaces around my neck to complete the ensemble! :D 8) I would love that! 'Cause hey, everybody wants to feel sexy every once in a while, right?

Not that it's part of the question, but I'd like to get my hair curled a bit (it's already sorta wavy), put most of it up in a loose, high pony tail, and then have some of my hair falling on either side of my face.

As for my (non-existent) partner..... Oooooh....... *shivers* I would love a pair of black pants, a bit longer than trouser style.... A crimson poet's shirt, probably open in the middle down to the chest, a bit above, and whatever accents he would like to add; maybe a necklace of sorts, anything with silver, and I'm there. :D :wink: Can't help it: I love the image of that sort of mystery man in a candle-light-esque setting (as far as that level of lighting goes), waiting to dance. :oops: :oops: I'm a hopeless romantic, okay?? What can I say for myself beyond that I enjoy the image! :wink:

I can't wait to hear more stories from everyone else!

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

6. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Me, I'm content with what I normally wear to dances; casual street wear for swing, but dressed up more for ballroom.