Salsa > Your favorite bachata songs?

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Sagitta, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

So what is your favorite bachata song and why? It would be helpful when naming the song to include artist and album it comes from.

For example, I really like "mariposa traicionera" by Manny Manuel from the Rayendo el Sol album. If you look for mariposa traicionera you get a lot of hits on the song by the group Mana as they came out with it in 2002, and it was number one on the us latin charts in 2003. The two versions sound different.

I like Mariposa Traicionera as the music changes, allowing me to change the way I move during the song.

So, what are your bachata favorites?

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

With all the discussions we've had about Bachata I've still never seen the dance done in these parts. Am I missing something good?

3. dinasmith

dinasmith New Member

the Ketchup song is mine favorite bechata song.

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

5. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

I've seen it (rarely) in ballroom studios at parties and such, but I typically run into bachatas most commonly on cruise ships or salsa clubs.

6. GGinrhinestones

GGinrhinestones Well-Known Member

Speaking of cruise ships, the band on the last cruise I was on played a bachata (one of several) over several nights, and I never did figure out what it was...or even if it was really a bachata, or just some other song they converted into a bachata. Pitty, because I really did love the song...very slow and romantic.

So, on that vein, any good recommendations for favorite romantic/slower bachatas?