General Dance Discussion > Your favorite car and what dance would it represent to you?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by mhgroove, Mar 6, 2004.

1. mhgroove

mhgroove New Member

Here's a new topic. What is your favorite car and what dance would it represent to you?

My favorite car is the Infiniti G35 Sedan and surprisingly it would represent the Merengue. I believe the merengue should be danced smooth, sensuous, and have some speed to it. The G35 represents all those qualities!

2. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Shouldn't this topic be in DA........?

I love my car. A brand new silver Toyota Coralla Ascent 4-door Hatch(nothing fancy or prestigous)........it goes smooth & effortless, like salsa 8) !

I got a personalised number plate too: "SALSA-1"

:roll: what else :roll: ?

(it's a true salsa-mobile, loaded with CDs, shoes, salsa/beach/street clothes, and back seats fold down to accomodate moving musical instruments & their players :wink: .......nothing like living salsa as a lifestyle, huh?)

3. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

Ooo thats an easy one for me!

A Skyline GTR.......sliver of course! and it would represent Mambo........smooth, hot and SEXY!

4. Adwiz

Adwiz New Member

The Porsche Carrera C4S.

Quickstep.

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

My Toyota Tacoma which is a truck and not a car. It's smooth like a Waltz or WCS.

6. Pacion

Pacion New Member

For me, it would be the Lamborgini at a leisurely 20 miles an hour (I know, a waste for a car that can do over 150 miles an hour without breaking into a sweat) = rumba with my life partner :D

7. Sabor

Sabor New Member

Red Jaguar..

Suttle strength, agility, pride, luxury, respect, power, sexy, smooooth and STYLE baby!

Salsa Freestyle 8)

8. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Man Adwiz, the exact sme thing popped in my head . .

A Porsche GT3 or GT4 or Ferrari Modena . . . Quickstep OR,

Which I already have . . . a '69 Camaro Z-28 . . . Jive!!!!!!!!

9. rebounder

rebounder New Member

I'd say a lotus elise, elan, or 7 would be a jive.

10. samina

samina Well-Known Member

FWIW, there's another more recent thread on this subject...search it out. I recall it being rather entertaining.

11. tangotime

tangotime Well-Known Member

Pantera

12. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Couldn't find the other thread.

BMW 3-series. I have never owned any other car that drove nearly as well. Viennese Waltz. Smooth and fast.

13. Kassia

Kassia New Member

Hmmm it's a toss up here..
    My dream car would be a red, convertiable Corvette...
    Fast, sexy, hot, no room for baggage...
    Perhaps it's dances is the Salsa or Mambo..

The car i drive now is a red, convertable Mitsubishi Eclipse Spider..
    Well mannered but sporty.. Red with leather.. With the top down it is a different car... Hmmm my car has a split personality?
    Hmmm that's probably a tango.... It's smooth and sexy but not wild and fast.

14. Easy

Easy Active Member

My dream car would be a 59' cadillac convertible. It would represent my foxtrot...just cruisin' for cruisin's sake. Not sure of the color. It would have to be cool though...reddish purple maybe....very dark with a light interior.

15. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I couldn’t find the other thread, either. It’s not particularly helpful to tell someone there is another thread, without giving specifics.

I’ve noticed that lots of times people, especially new people, are chastised for not doing searches on a topic they’ve started, or they reply on an older topic related to what they’re asking about. Sometimes, It’s almost like, oh, how dare you ask a question, we’ve already answered that, and apparently you couldn’t use the search function to find it. It doesn't come across as very friendly or helpful.

If these folks really want to help someone out, they should take the time to provide the name of the thread to which they’re referring and/or a link to such thread.

16. samina

samina Well-Known Member

http://www.dance-forums.com/showthread.php?t=15420

my car as listed in the thread above still stands.:cool:

(fwiw, i was on my blackberry at the time when i mentioned another thread, and was not inclined to use it to search. i get a snotty response when i didn't give one myself? sheesh...)