Dancers Anonymous > your favorite holiday gift this year

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by fascination, Jan 9, 2010.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hey guys...i hope this thread didn't exist and I missed it...anyone get anything they are really excited about over the holidays?....I got one of those dandy little laptops...dunno what it's called...but dh got it for me...so I am thrilled b/c now I can go to comps and still stay connected to all of you...maybe even actually be better at contributing to the competition results and to sharing my own thoughts about each comp...which I am always way too exhausted to do if I wait til I get home...but would likely have enough nervous energy to actually do at the comp...

I also got Alex Moore's book and the ballroom syllabi(sp?) that I asked for...am pretty psyched...hoping to get the latin for mother's day

2. CANI

CANI Active Member

All of mine. I was with my neice (4 1/2) and my nephew (6 1/2) on Christmas. For a couple of years now the practice in my family has been to give to the two kids, and to your significant other/spouse if you have one (which I don't). However, this year, I was so pleasantly surprised to receive a hand-made Christmas tree magnet, and a pretty paper plate decorated ornament to hang on the door -- both made by my nephew in school -- and both he had wrapped himself and declared to his Mommy were for Aunt CANI. Also on Christmas morning, even though the kids love marbles, they gave me one of the bags from their stockings so I would 'have something to remember this trip with them.' My nephew and niece such wonderful, kind-hearted, loving kids...and I'm so fortunate to have them in my life.

Also was delighted with the news that my brother got engaged on Christmas eve. I adore his financee and am thrilled to hear how happy they are.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

very cool CANI...wonderful gifts...in the best sense of the word....one of the best gifts my family ever recieved were letters from my mom telling us why she treasured each of us...it is so wonderful to have those now that she is gone...and of course, any time a child takes the time to be generous it fills me with hope for the future...

4. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

Some really great ones, and some really "Eh???" ones.

Great:
    Cologne from DH.
    Slipper socks and a pink bunny onesie from my brother and SIL.
    A gorgeous tango print/poster, which I can't wait to frame and hang up.
    A couple of beautiful scarves.

Eh???:
    A Wii from my parents. I'm still puzzled over this one.

5. dcharmd1

dcharmd1 New Member

i got a lot of great tiny gifts...i do love the cole haan sunglasses my bro and his gf gave to me for xmas

6. samina

samina Well-Known Member

get Wii sport & Wii fitness... exercise will never have been more fun. :cool:

had my first Wii experience over the holiday at my brother's...had a blast playing tennis, in particular. boxing was cool. grueling.

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

definitely my new blackberry is my fave gift. didn't want nor need but, now that i have...it's a delight.

8. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

The extra cash from mom that came after a pay day coincided with rent being due along with every single one of my bills being due! That never happens!

9. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

Dance lessons, of course. :)

Also, my secret Santa at work gave me the most darling little figurine of two cows...dancing.

10. latingal

latingal Moderator Staff Member

beautiful blank journal specifically for my dance writings...and a beautiful jacket that is keeping me nice and warm in the cold!

11. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

That's quite a Secret Santa gift.:cool: The mental image is, um, exquisite.

My fave: cash from Spouse, which turns into lessons. Always appreciated.

12. Lioness

Lioness Well-Known Member

An iPod nano. So now I can dance in my mind wherever I go.

13. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

probably my new dress for competitions & tiffany & co. necklace..& of course money!

14. NURDRMS

NURDRMS Well-Known Member

over the years everyone I know has become aware of my love of chocolate covered cherries...got boxes and boxes of them as gifts this year. Now have to run many miles to work off those calories!

15. etp777

etp777 Active Member

I'm not really sure. got a bunch of great gifts. ALso, not to brag, but think I gave some great ones too. :) Was definitely a good Christmas all around

16. latingal

nice etp!!!

17. dlgodud

dlgodud Active Member

Computer!!!

18. latingal

wow!

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Oooh, I know what was probably my favorite, and cost nothing. Parents gave all of us kids a copy of recipe for my great grandma's chocolate spice cake (which I LOVE), hand written by my grandma, who passed away a couple years ago. that was definitely one of my favorites this year.

20. 3wishes

3wishes Well-Known Member

hmmm, a few items are ranked as my favorite this Christmas. DH purchased a new rhythm/latin costume for me (WOW!) and diamond stud earrings (I lost one in the vacumn cleaner about a year ago, I think). And my kids and grandkids gave me some new games for the Wii system which are hysterical good family fun, gets us off the sofa - although the game I keep going back to every day is the "Biggest Loser" game it is quite the workout and keeps me honest - snicker snicker.